slinker

All-Star Creator Forum

Our boy spiderleggings sent me this link to a united creator forum featuring the likes of:

Brian Azzarello

Writer of 100 BULLETS, LOVELESS, DEATHBLOW

Brian Wood

Writer of DMZ, NORTHLANDERS, DEMO, THE NEW YORK FOUR, DV8

Cliff Chiang

Artist on GREENDALE, GREEN ARROW & BLACK CANARY, ARCHITECTURE & MORTALITY

David Lapham

Writer/artist of YOUNG LIARS, SILVERFISH, STRAY BULLETS

G. Willow Wilson

Writer of CAIRO, AIR

Jason Aaron

Writer of SCALPED, THE OTHER SIDE, GHOST RIDER, WOLVERINE: WEAPON X

Jeff Lemire

Writer/artist of THE NOBODY and ESSEX COUNTY

Jock

Artist on HELLBLAZER: PANDEMONIUM, THE LOSERS, GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE

Joshua Dysart

Writer of UNKNOWN SOLDIER, GREENDALE, B.P.R.D 1946/1947

Peter Milligan

Writer of HELLBLAZER and GREEK STREET

Darick Robertson

Artist on TRANSMETROPOLITAN and THE BOYS

This is the new official forum for these creators now.

STANDARD ATTRITION

Jason Aaron his the host and moderator king. I checked it out today but I still haven't registered.

Is it OK to post this link here? I certainly don't want to cause any friction between forums but I know many of you are fans of these creators, and it seems kind of cool that they have banded together like this. Other than publisher forums, I've never seen independent artists and writers clumped together like this. It is unique in my limited experience with this old web. Please delete this post if I have broken a rule. One time on another forum I posted a link to a My Space group about the same subject matter and practically got raped by PMs.

Wow, I hate that forum now. The nazi attack [over-used word] moderator deleted my post every time I tried to post. Does anyone know who this fucker "web Elf" is?

Can you post what you said here so we can judge whether to delete it?

;-)

But I find many creator forums are that way inclined. Not because the creators are over-sensitive but because the mods usually are.

(Warren Ellis forum excluded, but you can decide at which extreme of that scale.)

I found that a lot of stuff I posted outside of Brian Wood's forum was ignored, and while the Hellblazer-related threads are better than the official forum, they don't go anywhere.

People who work at comics for a living given a 'VIP' status on Millarworld :witchhunt:

Fuck's sake, I like me some good comics but the guy who fries the sausages down my local chipper is more of a bloody VIP as far as I'm concerned!

Nice to know Spiderlegs is still kicking, hope he's in better health these days.

Can you post what you said here so we can judge whether to delete it?

;-)

But I find many creator forums are that way inclined. Not because the creators are over-sensitive but because the mods usually are.

(Warren Ellis forum excluded, but you can decide at which extreme of that scale.)

I found that a lot of stuff I posted outside of Brian Wood's forum was ignored, and while the Hellblazer-related threads are better than the official forum, they don't go anywhere.

Yes, I will post as briefly as possible the events that transpired. But I think it will be quite long. It will be an entertaining read, I think.

First, let me say this: the creators in that forum are all upstanding people. No complaints against any of them (well, a minor one at Robertson, but I'll mention that in a bit). This is a complaint mainly against this one mod and then somewhat against 3 or 4 of the forum members.

Now, I must take responsibility for a pretty big fuck up on my part, that had I known the outcome, I obviously would not have been so lazy.

When I first posted this link here, I didn't bother to register because what am I going to say? "I like your comic a lot! Uh huh huh." But when I saw this one attack thread against jef, and while plussed to the gills on cocktails, I felt compelled to comment.

But wait. Sunday, I got a call from the ladies whose show I last toured with in 06. They asked whether I was healthy enough for touring, and I said no. I'm getting better but touring when you are healthy takes a lot out of you. But they are workshopping a new show in Dallas, which is where one of them lives when she's not touring, and they thought I could help them work out some of the tech details yadda yadda, plus I helped write their script for "Nipples" (the play they did last) and helped choreograph, too. I love working with them and they bought the plane ticket, so I said "sure!"

Sunday night I'm in Dallas, Texas, and hanging out with Toni, Jef, and Sam. And he shows me this thread on the SA forum called "conspiracy theories and Hoaxes". He originally posted an article (the one I posted a link to here, I think) about the European Council investigating whether swine flu was a hoax. Now, I don't know anybody who had swine flu must less died from it, so it seems like a legitimate thing to investigate.

This webelf chick pulls that article out, makes it its own thread with the aforementioned title, and she and 3 or 4 other people commence to attacking poor little jef. And I mean, in the worst way possible. Keep in mind, he has posted one article and then they went after him. Someone mentions the autism/vaccine 'conspiracy theory' and jef mentioned studies that said found evidence of a link. Someone whose name is just 010101010 so I don't know gender, posted some links that said there were no links to vaccines and autism. This person was the only one who posted any sort of link to support his argument, the rest of them were just pointing fingers and saying 'crazy!' SO jef came back with actual studies disproving the ones posted by 01010 plus this article by Robert Kennedy that was scary.

It came with a couple of paragraphs about the accuracy of the article, its factchecking process and what errors they found were minor errors that were not pertinent to the article's claims. But the only responses were the same shit, like a bunch of monkeys howling.

And here is where I fucked up. I can't log into my email because I forgot the password. Jef's is open all the time, so I thought I'd register with his. :laugh: I thought it was just to activate the account, so you know, that's what I did. I wasn't joining to be part of another forum, this is the only forum I enjoy, and I don't need another one. But these idiots were going to make my head explode. Finally, I read this:

So the Lizard People guys are fuckin' nuts, right?

And my response was, well, dickish, sure:

Wow. The dude posts a ton of scientific data, and you're so insecure, that's how you manifest it? You might as well walk around with a sign around your neck pointing at your crotch that says "Little Dick."

Remember, I had been drinking, and was a little mad that no one paid any attention to the actual scientific data (and my god, he posted OCEANS of data. The hard to read stuff I had to skim just to get through).

I get this note in my inbox that said "Last Warning" (where was my first warning) and saying I was jef because I had registered with his email. So, I responded back "who is this? what do you want? I'm not jef. fuck you!"

But I tried to do damage control after I had sobered up. I posted on that thread an apology to the person I quoted above, and apologized to the readers of the forum and added a bit about how easy it is to call someone crazy without backing it up or actually checking the the links cited in making his point since he was the only one doing so (I think after my initial comment, a few people started posting links). I posted it, it disappeared. Posted it again, it disappeared. So I saw that webelf was logged in and obviously she was deleting my posts. I wound up sending the guy my apology via PM.

Then I told jef about it, and rather than get all huffy (well, he did get mad at me for using his email), he sent this webelf chick an email this morning asking to remove him from that forum and to never contact him again.

Seems webelf is this 20ish yr old chick who has been obsessing on jef for 2 or 3 years. He showed me these multiple paged emails all describing with painful detail how fucking nuts she is, how she is a bad person and how she destroys everything in her life. This one night, she emailed him 24 times, and each email was more than one page. They interacted on Darick Robertson's old forum where she pretended to be a guy named "Z". He said he knew she was a chick and got her to admit it. That's when she went nuts with the emails. He won't let me post anything she wrote, but suffice to say, there are almost 100 pages of multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress (seems they initially bonded over their fucked up childhoods). He said they got along fine until he made some jokes about bending Frosty the SNowman over right around xmas and she went off, went crazy telling him he had "ruined Darick Robertson's forum" and shit like that.

So, jef is not involved with Standrad Attrition anymore, and I guess I'll leave it alone too. But all this came down to some whacked out chick acting out like a motherfucker.

Oh, and the bit about Darick Robertson: he didn't pile on with the fervor of the others, but he got in a dig. His signature in all his posts is: "Power does what it wants to.- George Carlin" Carlin was one of the biggest conspiracy theorists in the entertainment biz. The bit Darick got his sig quote from was one of Carlin's book signings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pow5_UYKaJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGBiZiWmcbQ

(another video)

So, I just found that ironic. Plus they used to be friends. Jef used to moderate Darick's old forum.

slinker

(I am being dictated to by jefy now)

HI ADE! HI JMAC! HI MARK! HI MALIN! HI INCER! HI JOSH! HI CLAIRE! HI SETHOS! HI CHRISTIAN! HI JAYNOVA! HI BECKY! HI AKHIRA! HI CHARLIE! HI ABHI! HI LOU! HI TOM! HI RED! HI KEEYA! HI KINKI! HI MEANER! HI CORALYS! HI CHAN! HI SLICK! HI FINN! HI SELKE! HI HILDE! HI TRACE! HI ATTICUS! HI HAGREN! HI JASONT! HI WOLVY! HI WOLFRAM! HI DOGPOET! HI TWILIGHT! HI BILIRUBIN! HI MADDI! HI SHAWN! HI ROGAN!

love from spiderlegs who is not nor has ever been slinker no matter what that nutty broad at standard attrition says. slinker is a dumbass. i am possessed with a graceful intellect misunderstood often enough to render me mute... :blink:

Yeah, I'd have deleted that.

;-)

Actually I am going to move this thread to somewhere less accessible to casual browsers.

Due to the negativity associated with that forum, they shut it down Jan 1. Apparently there was a post by Darick Robertson apologizing for having some sort of meltdown that got him off The Boys until July '11. Drama Drama. ANd they shut it down. I hope that damn moderator is bored silly now. I forgot all about that crap until I reread this thread when I was looking for another one.