JohnMcMahon

All His Engines Freebie

Congrats, Maddi!

I am an idiot, and I bought AHE yesterday. I completely forgot I had entered this contest. I was wrestling over whether I would but it back up in the drawing if I had won. Which I didn't. :tongue:

I entered despite having bought the book, as the birthday of a good friend is coming up, and I really want to get him into Hellblazer. He's enjoyed the issues he's read so far, and this would have clinched the deal. As it were.

All of which said, I'm actually quite glad the book went to someone who doesn't already have it. I'd probably have felt guilty, on reflection.

Congratulations Maddi.

Oh, wow!!! I glad I didn't buy it yet... You have a magic touch indeed. (Remember what I said, Rogan? :wink: )

I'll PM you my address later, John. Gotta run some errands at work first...

Congrats Maddi!

I've just sent an email to Amazon.com asking why they don't have this available yet. Does anyone know another online shop (that doesn't charge exhorbitant rates to ship to Australia) that has this available?

I suspect I'll make short work of Rare Cuts and Setting Sun which have arrived from Amazon in the last week. I'll need more to consume! :-)

Cheers,

Ari

Comic shops got the book a few weeks before places like Amazon - you could try marsimport.com - Jared is a good guy.

Thanks, I dropped them an email with a few questions. The books here cost twice the price, but that's something I'm often willing to pay to support the local comic shop. However, I sometimes their distributors seem to jerk them around a bit with availability which wastes their time, so for certain newer titles or books that I want urgently I order from overseas.

Oh, wow!!! I glad I didn't buy it yet... You have a magic touch indeed. (Remember what I said, Rogan?  :wink: )

forgive me for ever doubting your words Maddi, and McMahon's Magic Luck o' the Irish touch... ;)

Comic shops got the book a few weeks before places like Amazon - you could try marsimport.com - Jared is a good guy.

Thanks, I dropped them an email with a few questions. The books here cost twice the price, but that's something I'm often willing to pay to support the local comic shop. However, I sometimes their distributors seem to jerk them around a bit with availability which wastes their time, so for certain newer titles or books that I want urgently I order from overseas.

The order arrived today: Hellblazer: All His Engines, Lucifer book 7, and Lucifer: Nirvana (they actually had a copy left). Communication was good, as were prices and shipping rates. I opted for the $9 International flat rate envelope so they triple packed it (as in three envelopes, with the two inner ones for protection of the books). It looks like it took some pretty hard knocks in the mail getting here to Western Australia, but the books are in good shape, and I'm happy. Thanks again for recommending Mars Import to me :-)

Cheers,

Ari

PS- for those who may be wondering, we still don't know if we're going to have to resort to a high risk transplant in a month or two or if they doctors will be able to keep me limping along for a year or two more. It's not nice having such an indefinite future, but then again a jet could drop an engine onto me while I type this and that would be the end of all this :-)

Good luck with all that, seriously. In the meantime...well, I hope you enjoy the books.

Tell us what you think of the AHE trade, Ari!

And good luck again with that transplant. Keep in touch when you've recovered from the op.

Yeah, Ari, all the best to you! Do join in the comics chat ASAP!

And this reminds me - Maddi, did you get the OGN yet? Liked it?

And this reminds me - Maddi, did you get the OGN yet? Liked it?

No, I didn't get it yet (you know why - that little detour through London is worth waiting for). Looking forward to it very much, though. I'll post here again when I've read it.