Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Face To Greg Celebrating Black History Month

That is very awesome Greg. Great work.

I can't wait to read about heroes like Black Panter, Falcon, Doctor Voodoo, War Machine, Icon, Static, Steel,John Stewart, Jack in the box, (at least I am assuming you might choose some of these)

Thanks for viewing, guys! This list thus far are already set but since it's my column, I'll definitely be focusing on more than one character for specific days. So don't lose any hope in seeing Jack in the Box or Isaiah Bradley!

Day 2: Mr. Terrific

84987-76249-mr-terrific_super.jpg

My birthday is coming up on Feb. 22th (overshadowing some other bourgeois authoritarian named King George I of America, or something like that)...I'm interested in seeing who you have chosen for that date.

BTW Greg, technically you are correct on there being 3 Mr. Terrifics; Terry Sloane, an unnamed guy, armed to the teeth in Kingdom Come, and Michael Holt. So, although Michael was the third to appear with the name, he is the only true successor to Sloane.

And seeing Agent 355 only serves to remind me that I need to get to reading Y: The Last Man. I know I suck.

And seeing Agent 355 only serves to remind me that I need to get to reading Y: The Last Man. I know I suck.

you and me both...gotta read that.

Balty-I saw in Comic Shop News for this week that Marvel is finally getting around to collecting the Don McGregor Black Panther series.

The best Panther outside of Priest's, for my money.

It's in the Masterworks edition...meaning pricey.

But, it's probably worth it to get the whole run in one shot. The back-issues of "Jungle Action" are pretty rare and can be relatively pricey.

I still haven't been able to put together a complete run of McGregor's Panther yet.

It's about time Marvel finally collected this though, as it was considered a modern classic in the '70s.

Balty-I saw in Comic Shop News for this week that Marvel is finally getting around to collecting the Don McGregor Black Panther series.

The best Panther outside of Priest's, for my money.

It's in the Masterworks edition...meaning pricey.

But, it's probably worth it to get the whole run in one shot. The back-issues of "Jungle Action" are pretty rare and can be relatively pricey.

I still haven't been able to put together a complete run of McGregor's Panther yet.

It's about time Marvel finally collected this though, as it was considered a modern classic in the '70s.

Yeah, I saw that about a month ago. I really wish I could get this but sadly due to no longer having a job, I can't. I've been wanting to read this collection of Black Panther for such a long time. T'Challa is my favorite black superhero and love when he's written well, as he's a very aspiring hero for black readers. I've been told many times McGregor's series is fantastic by itself and stands great along with Priest's run so I'm anticipating for this collection. Maybe I can get a great deal in the next NYCC or maybe for the next holiday.

I liked the Black Lightning write up a great deal also.

Your best work in this series as of yet, I think.

Maybe it's just because I thought the character had a neat concept from the original series in the '70s.

It was a shame it got caught up in DC's money problems at the time, as Denny O'Neil was going to take over the book. He only got the one issue before it was gone.

I didn't really know much about what happened to the character after that.

you and me both...gotta read that.

Prepared to be underwhelmed.

he he he

I have to agree.

It starts of good, but then it just meanders around for months at a time.

I think it would've worked best as a mini-series, personally.

A really good idea that takes years to get to the point.

(NOTE:I have not read the entire series. It bored me quite often, so I'd drop it for long periods and come back to see if the plot moved anywhere interesting.)

Luke Cage will eventually be leading the Thunderbolts in a few months.

Really? I didn't know that. I thought Thunderbolts was made up of primarily bad guys?