Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Face To Greg Celebrating Black History Month

Luke Cage will eventually be leading the Thunderbolts in a few months.

Really? I didn't know that. I thought Thunderbolts was made up of primarily bad guys?

Yeah, I believe they'll be government based and Cage is supervising over them.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24771

1265737113.jpg

Nice! ManThing in there? Maybe Cage will be the one to keep those bad bitches in line.

They were going to have to revamp the concept of Thunderbolts after "Dark Reign".

heh, Yeah, Man Thing is there. That's pretty cool.

The Ghost is still a member.

Will Jeff Parker still be writing it?

He didn't really seem to have a grasp for the characters based on his first couple of issues, but I think I'll have to be picking this book up again.

I only just found this thread. Fascinating! Keep i coming, Greg!

DYNAMO 5 FTW! The great thing about that book is none of the 5 are my favorite. All the members of the team are my favorite. Especially after their powers went switcheroo.

And more and more I am becoming a fan of Luke Cage. I loved him while in Daredevil. Was that Max miniseris of his any good? Or what about the Noir mini?

NO! Do not read the MAX series.

It's Azzarello homaging blaxpoitation, with all that entails.

It's filled with every stereotype you can imagine, and it doesn't even add up to an entire story, it just sort of pointlessly dies off.

Luke Cage: Noir is fine. I didn't bother and buy the entire series. It's just sort of there.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to read it, but it's certainly not a bad read from what I could tell.

Check out Essential Luke Cage vol. 1 if you haven't already and want some cool Luke Cage action.

The Englehart issues were really good, as every Steven Englehart series from the 1970s was.

I didn't really get into Power Man and Iron Fist though. The first collection was decent 1980s Marvel, but it didn't really grab me like most of Marvel's 1980s output.

Denny O'Neil did have a run at some point though.

Cheers, Greg, great find. Not only is it a great moral but I appreciate that it validates comics as a legitimate form of literature whose intent can bring about changes in our social awareness.

WOW, that Tarlton story is absolutely amazing. Thank you very much Greg.

Unknown Soldier, yet another book I have heard good things about and have yet to read.

WOW, that Tarlton story is absolutely amazing. Thank you very much Greg.

Unknown Soldier, yet another book I have heard good things about and have yet to read.

No problem, Shawn! Glad you liked it. My cousin-in-law was always telling me about that story and was pretty happy when he bought the original copy of it. I had to look it up for myself and loved the story.

Oh, and do check out Unknown Soldier when you can. Haunted House was definitely one of the best modern trades I've read imo.

Yep, agreed about Tarlton, plus Lobo.

I had not heard of either character. I enjoy reading about older characters I haven't discovered yet.

Good finds. Really tapping into the comic cultural zeitgeist.

The Tarlton stort was fun. Horribly dated, naturally, but I can imagine the uproar. Thanks for posting that!

Shouldn't you have waited until Green History Month for that one? :wink:

Good work on the blog, by the way - a few characters I hadn't heard of, and some I've always had a fondness for.

Shouldn't you have waited until Green History Month for that one? :wink:

No Mark, they prefer to be called Dragonian-Americans.