Sign in to follow this  
Avaunt

Who would win in a fight?

dkr.jpg

superman_vs_batman.jpg

batmanftw.jpg

According to Miller, Batman wins every time. But Batman has no superhuman strength. As cool as he is, he has no super powers. In a straight on bare knuckles brawl, it's a one punch and church affair. I get that Batman is a brainy ninja and Superman a big dumb jock, but still...if Superman punched a human--any human--that human would die instantly.

batmanpwned.jpg

If he shagged Lois she'd die instantly as well. The lad isn't safe to be around.

If he shagged Lois she'd die instantly as well.

And yet . . . . in every single other aspect of life he manages to control his super-anything, and perform within human limits. Strange. :icon_rolleyes:

This is true, but you don't consciously control the speed you squirt ejaculate out at, do you? Not even Sting can manage that.

When he cries, do his tears stream out with super-force? He also manages to take a pish without firing a hole in the bowl, doesn't he?

(Unless he has a super-bladder and manages to hold it in for days at a time until he gets to the Fortress of Solitude's super-cludgy. Or maybe he just pinches it to restrict the flow to human levels, in which case your point is valid)

Upon reflection, this exchange has taken far too strange a turn.

To be fair, it's not technically his point, it's Larry Niven's (google "man of steel, woman of kleenex" if you ever get that bored). Although I'm sure it's occurred to others both before and since.

Certainly occurred to Garth Ennis, but I never bought into it anyway, regardless of who made the argument first.

I'd question that the Niven story is all that boring: some of it's pretty funny.

I recall finding it funny, although it's been years since I read it.

It's one of his better moments: Niven was a bloody good writer before he got married to that cretin Jerry Pournelle.