Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

Who Will Wield the Shield?

Yes that is a stuntman. I think the costume and shield show promise. So, I'm anxious to see the actually versions

Looks more '40s than Steampunk to me (is there a term like steampunk for WWII mad science?), but still a lovely piece of design. I like the way he looks like he's been knocking around long enough to acquire a bit of a patina...

I am feeling better and better about this movie. Some nice set and costume design. I like the early version of the costume, complete with triangle shield!!

I wonder if that version is the outfit he wear during his USO tour (as I think was mentioned somewhere) then he changes up to a more updated, advanced version (shown on the cover)

Well, Weaving certainly has the eyebrows to play a villain.

That said, I do wonder how they're going to make Evans look a bit weedy before they shoot him up with the magic potion. CGI?

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button comes to mind. I think they'll use a body double and CGI Evans' features on.

captainamericaewscans9.jpg

That'd work. probably be a lot easier than slimming him down with photoshop for the first ten minutes or so of the film...

I really like it. a bit too much padding in the shoulders, I feel, doesn't look WW2 enough, but besides that, great!

I know that superhero costumes in movies rarely look good in pre-production, but I think that the CGI dept have their work cut out making this one work.

florence_welch.jpg