Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

Who Will Wield the Shield?

Yeah, I just might have to buy my 1st Hot Toys product. Wish they weren't so damn expensive.

HELL YES! That scene of Rogers jumping on a grenade is a spot on example of his character. I am so glad to see that Marvel & Paramount avoided being overly PC by having Hydra as a top-secret division of the Nazis

And I LOVE Hayley Atwell

This looks very very good. Mind you, it's a trailer, but I really like the feel of it.

Yeah that is a bit odd for a movie taking place in WWII. Maybe some Glenn Miller? Frank Sinatra?

I like the meta-ness of using Glenn Miller, but no.

I think Tool in particular doesn't fit the movie, and I thought the music in the last trailer worked much better. It was by Groove Worx, I think.

Anyway, it matters little since trailer songs are almost never used in the film itself.

I'd love to see them do a short trailer or TV spot in the style of 1940s movie in black and white OR better still as one of those news reels one would see before the movie started.

Well, that trailer was... okay? Movie looks good, they're just trying to hard to push it as a comedy/action/americafuckyeah! with this one.

My goodness.

That is awesome.

I don't thiink it actually looks so very "America, fuck yeah", seriously. Cap always was the antidote to the ugly American, imho. Someone you would be wanting to have as an ally, because, Super soldier, but someone you would want to ally yourself with too, more importantly.

Americafuckyeah bit was mostly relating to the (horrible) choice of music and the tone the trailer tries to set up, with the "heroes are made in America" tagline, cheesy banter and action scenes. Like they're afraid that people won't come otherwise. such insecurity is not my cup of tea. It seems to me the movie is better than the trailer tries to make it out to be.

Aye aye, but then Americans are 300 million strong, good finacial sense to lean your trailer to them, eh?. And I knew what you meant really, that they had slanted it to the "We is special" sort of marlarkey, that might not be all one would hope in the way of noble aspirations.

Hey, and I think Heros are made in America too. They just don't hold the patent, other nations have manufactories too, though each to their strengths, the USA is big on factories, other peoples like to go the literary path maybe. :tongue:

I like American heros, anyway. Their creed "All men created Equal" and all that good classic stuff, would have been outragous nonsense in most of human history, was planted in our collective thoughts from an American hero factory, right?. Robin Hood was the Earl after all, his men may have loved him, but he would have expected their service anyway as his right, but one boy from Brooklyn is as good as the next, goes the heros tale.

It is a nice mythology, and the more it is propagated the happier I am. Just wish people realised it meant they ought each to be great, not thought it meant no one was allowed to be greater than they.

I think that they could have struck an even more heroic/patriotic note with different music/slant. This is what we here call "turbo folk", something used to fire up the masses based on a "proven" formula, whether the situation warrants it or not.

You know I bow to your direction on the topic of Music, Modern, Masses for the swaying of:

Though I must put in a good word for Mr D. Grohl and friends, they rock, and understand enthusiams I think. :)

Shouldn't Nick Fury be in there too? Aren't they his Howling Commandos? That would take a lot of splainin' to do, however.

The less people still alive from the '40s the better, from a story standpoint. Also, apparently those are an Invaders/Howling Commandos mashup.

The less people still alive from the '40s the better, from a story standpoint.

I agree there. I think in the Ultimate Universe there's some mention that Fury had ingested the Super Soldier Serum which allows for his existence here as well as WW II. However, that totally detracts from Steve Rogers being the only man to survive it.

Re "The White Sam Jackson" yes, if you mean a man who can dominate the screen with no effort, and exudes a dangerous charisma and competence.

Forget it, Lou, its South Korea.

I'm not really surprised. Quite frankly, I think the fact that only 3 contries will have the title changed speaks of how the US's reputation might be better than thought.

Forget it, Lou, its South Korea.

Hahaha! :laugh:

I'll bet a few more truncate the title, at least China anyway.