Sign in to follow this  
Mick

.... Who's An Avenger?! (crazy eyed blink)

I generally am quite liking the ultimate avengers, possibly as i really really love ultimate hawkeye. I 'discussed' his suit change with Rohne and i generally do love the new suit (loved the old non suit suit one too).

Anyway i get the changes normal marvel to ultimate and like that bit of difference, but in any universe can this man really be an avenger?

113_ULTIMATE_COMICS_AVENGERS_2_1.jpg

Hmmm.... Though the Nick furys death squad angle does give a nice play in for the punisher hes not really a team player thoughts? I imagine there are many, or non, i've been away awhile maybe im the only one who reads it.

EDIT: Wow i can not shrink that image down....

Well, the Punisher is avenging something...

I've heard a rumour that Marvel may be planning their own version of the Crisis at the end of Siege.

I'm not sure the talk totally makes sense, but I heard that this "Heroic Age" is going to be like a post-Crisis Marvel Universe.

One way it doesn't make sense is that Beast is apparently a member of the Secret Avengers roster, which ties in with the fact that he left the X-Men recently due to Scott Summers erratic and uncharacteristic actions of recent months.

There's hints being given that the current X-Men cross-over involving the first mutant to be born since M-Day (Hope) is going to resolve the issue of "no more new mutants" by tieing it all in with this Crisis event.

There was a hint given in a "X-Men Origins:Nightcrawler" comic, of all places, that Marvel's continuity is being wiped out and rewritten. Nightcrawler's origin was completely revamped from the original story and makes little sense wih current Marvel continuity.

If that's true, maybe the entire Marvel Universe is being rebooted.

Actually, if you read the new SHIELD series that launched this week, it makes no sense with Marvel continuity. It reads like an alternate universe. It might be hinting at the coming "Crisis" also.

Well the Ultimate universe is filled with such unlikeable sociopaths anyway, that Castle looks tame by comparison. At worst, he's a more manageable hulk.

UCap's not an Avenger, though, he's an Ultimate.

Actually he was billed to be both originally (at the start of avengers not the ultimates obviously), though early on Fury is only allowed to have hawkeye off the ultimates, i think theres a chance he may have a management type role.

To be honest im liking the sociopathness of the Ultimate Avengers. But to be fair i felt the punisher and hawkeye character were kind of crossed now anyway and had hoped to see a little brutality added to him. I can see the pair butting heads.

Billed to be both? Was that in story or from the solicits? 'Cause I thought the Avengers were started to take down cap.

As for the title itself, I rather like it. I might be one of the few here to generally enjoy Millar's output. I do wonder what Ultimate Thunderbolts would be like, though. Do they save the world by eating babies and projectile shitting at terrorists?

UCap's not an Avenger, though, he's an Ultimate.

But...isn't that the same thing? :mong:

In essence,

Ultimates = Ultimate counterparts to the Avengers

Ultimate Avengers = Ultimate counterparts to the Thunderbolts

Billed to be both? Was that in story or from the solicits? 'Cause I thought the Avengers were started to take down cap.

As for the title itself, I rather like it. I might be one of the few here to generally enjoy Millar's output. I do wonder what Ultimate Thunderbolts would be like, though. Do they save the world by eating babies and projectile shitting at terrorists?

Mentioned aaaages before hand mate one of the interviews, and i think solicits for first issue, they seem to have gone a different way though. Saying that iron man was also supposed to be on team...

In essence,

Ultimates = Ultimate counterparts to the Avengers

Ultimate Avengers = Ultimate counterparts to the Thunderbolts

Just how i put it. I just love to call them Nick Furys Death Squad

I just came by to try to say "Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1" but couldn't because it's too much of a mouthful.