Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

THOR!

BTW there are "reports" of a Thor trailer being shown at the SDCC. If there is, Youtube is cracking down hard on any postings.

I cannot wait to see it in high quality!!!

That looked amazing!

Hemsworth is a great Thor. And hearing Hopkins as Odin was probably the best part!! Gots me some chills!

I like how just the sound and a look inside the helmet makes him suppose

"Incoming!".

You can see why SHIELD agents become such arseholes when someone finally upgrades their Brooks Brothers suits to something more offensive. Their job consists of either hassling the innocent or running away from the Science Heros' and Elder Gods' deathrays.

Well, not seeing a face and just formless energy would indicate something bad, like a death ray.

Sorry... :blush:

Where should one begin to start reading Thor? I honestly don't think I have the patience for the really old school stuff.

I thought of mentioning that as well, but was not sure how "old" was "old"

Yes, I love Simonson's run and actually prefer it over the Lee/Kirby stuff. Granted I have not read much of that era.

The early Lee/Kirby stuff is shaky in the extreme, but it gets seriously awesome after the first ESSENTIAL volume or two (perhaps not coincidentally, around the time Kirby was given free reign to do what he liked). But even allowing for my enormous Kirby-blinders, I might be willing to concede that Simonson has the edge, at least from a modern reader's perspective. Given how long Lou's been reading comics, I can't imagine him having a problem with it - it's dated, but not particularly badly. If he can cope with the retro-ness of, say, Moore's Swamp Thing or Miller's Batman and Daredevil (and if you can't, mister, then you're no friend of mine), Simonson's Thor should be fine.

I haven't read the JMS relaunch (and I admit to being biased by the fact that I've never read a Straczynski comic which I'd rate higher than "OK-ish", with most of them failing to reach even that low benchmark), but unless it's the BEST THING EVER, I can't imagine it being even close to the brilliance of Uncle Walt's verson.

Never been a big fan of Thor, but I have a question for those who are more familiar with him.

Where does he rank on the whole power level scale? Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the Marvel heavy-hitters (I believe The Sentry is probably the most powerful, that about right?), but in the Avengers / JLA crossover he seemed to be being ranked opposite Superman.

Now, I'd always put Supes as the benchmark, but is Thor really Marvel's equivalent strength-wise?

Haven't read a lot of Thor. I read Straczynski's run and felt indifferent about it. But of what I know, that's about right.

Never been a big fan of Thor, but I have a question for those who are more familiar with him.

Where does he rank on the whole power level scale?

Good question. One would think a son of the God of Gods would be near limitless in power and strength. But did he lose some power when he was cast to Earth?

He has this over Superman, Superman is vulnerable to magic. Mjollnir is magic at least, if not all Thors power stems from "magic". Being a creature of belief, maybe his strength is enough for the occasion because people have faith in him?. Faith = Magic?.

Being a creature of belief, maybe his strength is enough for the occasion because people have faith in him?

If this is the case I'm looking forward to Thor having his arse handed to him by Fake-Moon-Landing Man. :wink: