Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

The Heroic Age

I think I'll be picking up Secret Avengers and Thunderbolts (Now with Man-Thing!). Won't be reading any other Avengers.

I'll also be sticking with Captain America.

How about you?

Super hero wise it's really just Captain America (even though I'm behind) and Batman. Astonishing X - Men too, I guess, but that shit is really tired.

I assume you are referring to the Marvel stuff coming out so I will go with that

I will also be getting

- Secret Avengers. It's all there; great characters and Brubaker. The other Avengers books seem mildly interesting, but not enough to buy.

- Thor. I am already buying this and can't wait for Fraction to start with a slightly more cosmic slant on the Odinson

- Iron Man. Already getting it.

- Thunderbolts. Yeah, looks cool. I'm interested to see how Man-Thing is going to work.

- Atlas. Parker and his Agents of Atlas are back. What more ya need?

- Captain America. Already getting it and it shows no sign of sucking anytime soon. So glad they are keeping Bucky as Cap.

This is referring to the Heroic Age Marvel titles, and since there's a handy-dandy Marvel Previews that lists the Heroic Age books which was free this week, I'll see what I'm interested in.

Secret Avengers

Thunderbolts-Parker has no idea how to write the Ghost, but he's still on the team, so that's a plus. And, Man THing! Looks interesting.

Atlas-Nice to see it back.

The Age of Heroes mini-series is being written by Busiek, Cornell, Slott, and Remender. I have no idea what it is, but with that team of writers, I'm so there.

I'm reading Heroic Age:Prince of Power, the sequel to Incredible Hercules.

I'll continue to read Fantastic Four.

I think I'm dropping Invincible Iron Man. Pretty sure.

Thor isn't listed as a Heroic Age book, but I'll keep reading that.

I'm back on board with Thunderbolts,mostly because the preview pages from the new artist look decent.

I'd be all about Secret Avengers by Brubaker,unfortunately it's drawn by Mike Deodata,whose work I cannot stand.I'll probably just get the book John Romita jr's drawing.

You don't like Deodota?

I mean New Deodota.

He's gotten progressively better in recent years, or so I've found.

I can understand why his old early-90s Image style would be abhorrent to your artistic senses...

There was a poster at the comic shop showing the roster line-up of each new Avengers title by its artist, and I found Deodota's art the most pleasing. I wasn't even sure it was Deodota at first.

I've never been a Romita Jr. fan myself though. His early work was good, although not distinctive, but now I find his work just too distinctive. It's so obvious that his work runs together for my eyes. I don't like all of his characters look hairy. They all look hairy to me. I know some people really adore Romita Jr. so I can understand.

Still, you'll be stuck with latter-day Brian Bendis writing!!!

Oh,Deodata's much improved since his Wonder Woman days,course back then,he was basically shit on a stick.The preview pages over at CBR are not helping,as it appears to be Black Widow and Valkyrie in cocktail dresses.The idea of Brubaker handling a more covert team made up of more military/science based Avengers sounds great,Deodata's pages however,remind me more of the movie Team America,complete with Steve Rogers crashing through the window(America! Fuck Yeah!!)

I'll probably check out the first issue then decide,Thunderbolts however has me really excited for where it might go.You're right about Parkers Ghost,it's too bad,Diggle really made him a scene stealer.

Steve Crashing the window is a bit much, but regarding the dresses, it's not really out of place if Widow and Valkyrie are undercover.

Deodato.

Sorry, but someone had to do it.

Deodato.

Sorry, but someone had to do it.

Fair enough,I should get the details accurate before criticizing his work.

About the dresses though,these women fight in revealing,skimpy clothes.Undercover,to my mind would be more accurately utilized disguising them as maybe waitstaff or housekeeping.Regardless,it's just a cliche having the two hot women on the team seduce the old fat,whoever the hell the guy is in the preview,I wanted more from an espionage book from Brubaker.

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill,but that scene could've been in a Youngblood comic,fifteen years ago.

Oh christ i dont know the exact list but i'll be sticking with spider-man and iron man and star picking up avengers.

WHAT THE FUCKS UP WITH TONYS NEW SUIT? :blink: