Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Nominations for the worst award go to ...

http://www.eagleawards.co.uk/vote.aspx

I do not care what you think, but please vote for:

Favourite Newcomer Writer: Al Ewing,

Favourite New Comicbook: Unwritten.

In other amusing categories, I have opted for Big Bang Theory and Tripwire.

And Brian Bolland because a british comics award needs him.

I find it amusing that under Favorite American Color Comic, you see: Doctor Who and Captain Britain & MI-13

I voted for the guys you ask, ( unwritten I even agreed with, the Ewing chap I knew nothing about him or the other nominees but trusted your judgement ) and made some other votes the way I saw things, but really had to miss out quite a few votes because they were for people or things I know not.

If anyone's stumped about Best UK Colour Comic (or however they worded that category), 2000AD has been on top form lately.

And for those who don't know anything about colourists, but dislike wasting the opportunity to vote, Dave Stewart's colours on the Hellboy universe have been stunning.

Avaunt, thanks - I also missed out a lot of the choices, for the same reason, but in one or two categories because there were no choices I agreed with.

I've known Al Ewing through the UK comics events, and he used to do the most splendid surreal minicomics.

http://beatgirlcomics.blogspot.com/

And he seems to be involved in COP ON THE EDGE:

(Though perhaps not the film "Cop on the edge part IX")

No worries.

At the risk of revealing too much of my faulty nature, my vote pattern owed more to my loyalty gland, my partisan-hood. Someone to vote for whose work once I liked, though it was decades ago ?. "Best Artist this year" ? Sure he gets my tick.

Someone's work this year in a comic I didn't even know existed up for a vote . . . he once worked on Hellboy?, no contest then.

Not really very admirable of me to do that, given it is a sort of pledge of faith and disadvantages other people who deserve better of a bloke.