JohnMcMahon

Warren Ellis' Red

That said: Helen Mirren with a sniper rifle does sound neat.

Might just be the tone of the trailer, the cast is great so I don't for a minute think it's going to be a shitty film, but yes it may not be the dark, psychological, unhinged story the book was.

Safe to say that something has been lost in translation....

Yep, the po-faced Ellis Brand Patent GRIMDARK which so bored me in the original appears to be largely gone, leaving only the quite-interesting (if hardly original) central conceit. I know trailers tend to be misleading, but I'm now actually interested in seeing this film, which I absolutely wasn't before.

Also, that's one hell of a cast list.

So basically it's an adaptation for people who didn't like the original?

Or people who did like the original but are happy to see an alternative version of it if a faithful version isn't actually ever going to be made.

I like the look of it, great cast. Different tone, sure, but I don't care that it's more than a touch removed from the original concept as long as it's an entertaining couple of hours.

So basically it's an adaptation for people who didn't like the original?

No, not necessarily - I didn't like the original, but I know quite a few people who did, and still thought the trailer looked good. I tend to prefer adaptations which diverge significantly from the original, anyway - even when I liked the original version.

That... looks like something Ellis would have written, actually. Just not Red.

Still, Nancy Botwin and the Queen of sex with a 50-cal. I shall be in my bunk.

Or people who did like the original but are happy to see an alternative version of it if a faithful version isn't actually ever going to be made.

I like the look of it, great cast. Different tone, sure, but I don't care that it's more than a touch removed from the original concept as long as it's an entertaining couple of hours.

See that?

That's a whole lot of right.

Heh, Red posted on a thread about "Red."

I think it looks funny and since I never read the book and don't plan to, I might just like it.