J. White

The Avengers

Didn't see a topic for the film and seeing as how it's really early for news I didn't expect one. But I did see this - New actor for The Hulk

I wasn't a huge fan of The Avengers as a kid, or really any of its team member characters and, honestly, I'm a little unsure as to how Marvel's going to handle the movie in general. It seems "too big" for them. I am pissed, though, because if there was a reason to see it besides Downey as Iron Man it was Ed Norton as The Hulk. I thought he did a great job in "The Incredible Hulk".

I'm not sure why it'd be too big for a movie.

I knew it was a movie Marvel would have to do at some point.

If all the characters, or at least all the characters other than Captain America, have already been introduced in their own movies, the plot won't have to bother with introducing characters and origins. They can get right to the action.

I'm not sure what they're planning with Captain America. Maybe the movie will be about the introduction of Captain America (ala Avengers #4).

I was a fan of Iron Man as a kid, but not so much the other characters. On and off interest with Thor at that age.

I always thought that the Avengers comic was just Stan Lee's attempt to copy DC's Justice League and to fill a slot in the comic line-up without needing to create any more new characters, as Lee didn't seem to have much interest in the Avengers book. He left it very early. Roy Thomas, on the other hand, loved the concept.

Marvel's certainly run with the potential of a mega-group like that in recent years though. Avengers was never given priority as Marvel's big title (always behind FF, Spider Man, X-Men), but now the Avengers books are treated like flagship titles.

Lol, I was wondering what either of your posts had to do with The Avengers. Edward Norton for John Steed?.

( Brain collapsed maybe. )

I don't know about too big, but this might potentially turn out to be a clash of the egos. I fear this might turn out to be like X-Men with their Wolverine being Iron Man.

I don't know about too big, but this might potentially turn out to be a clash of the egos. I fear this might turn out to be like X-Men with their Wolverine being Iron Man.

You could be right. I guess I'll have to see how "Thor" and "Captain America" do before I give it some actual thought. I'll probably wait for Thor to come out of DVD though. I don't know a single thing about the character other than he's a god that swings a big-ass hammer.

Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk.

The thing about The Hulk on film is that you really only need an actor who can play Banner well since the CGI pretty much takes over once he transforms. From what I've read (and I don't have a link at the moment) is that they intend to have Ruffalo play a very meek Banner as someone frightened by his Hulk alter-ego. I can see him doing that job very well but I'd still rather see Ed Norton back in the role. Oh well. As for Joss Whedon directing that certainly isn't a bad thing.

I wonder what role Hulk will play in The Avengers. Was the character ever on the team? I seem to remember some news a while back that The Hulk would be some kind of problem for the Avengers - a loose cannon or something they needed to control.

Yeah, I think for a while Hulk was on the team, but that is 30 year old memory from when I only read the comic at friends houses.

I wonder what role Hulk will play in The Avengers. Was the character ever on the team? I seem to remember some news a while back that The Hulk would be some kind of problem for the Avengers - a loose cannon or something they needed to control.

Hulk was a founding member, but he quit on the second because Thor wanted him to put on pants or something.

Hulk was also on the team in the Ultimates written by Mark Millar, even though for a period of time he was more of a troublemaker, smashing a half of Manhattan in an alcohol-fueled rage over a girl..:) That's a great run by the way, i never liked The Avengers that much but for some reason picked that up and loved it. The filmmakers seems to be getting some ideas from the Ultimate universe, like Nick Fury played by Samuel L. Jackson.. Joss Whedon did some great X-Men, hopefully the movie will be a really good ride.

Hulk was also on the team in the Ultimates written by Mark Millar, even though for a period of time he was more of a troublemaker, smashing a half of Manhattan in an alcohol-fueled rage over a girl..:) That's a great run by the way, i never liked The Avengers that much but for some reason picked that up and loved it. The filmmakers seems to be getting some ideas from the Ultimate universe, like Nick Fury played by Samuel L. Jackson.. Joss Whedon did some great X-Men, hopefully the movie will be a really good ride.

I wonder if Mark Ruffalo does a good enough job he'll sign on for another Hulk movie after The Avengers.

You could be right. I guess I'll have to see how "Thor" and "Captain America" do before I give it some actual thought. I'll probably wait for Thor to come out of DVD though. I don't know a single thing about the character other than he's a god that swings a big-ass hammer.

He's a NORSE god.

There. That's about everything you need to know!

But does he wear a seat belt? That's what I want to know.

I say thee NAY! Thor Odinson, God of Thunder, has no need for straps of safety, which should only be used by children and the very old.

But does he wear a seat belt? That's what I want to know.

More importantly, is it one of those funny Scandinavian cars that have headlights that stay on ALL THE TIME!?