J. White

The Avengers

Sweet man, that is so cool.

Hey, Lou, do your Nephews and Nieces think you are the coolest Uncle ever?. lol. Or do you lock all your toys away when they come 'round?.

:tongue:

"Can we play with your Lego, Unca' Lou?".

:)

I keep 'em mostly out of sight. Of those that are within view, the youngsters know better than to even ask. I do keep a large tub full of some of my older figures to play with but sadly, Tigger, the kids are outgrowing them. :(

It's funny, several years ago a few of them used to live with me. They used to look at some of my more disturbing figures and I would say, "If you touch these even once, they'll come out of the package and they'll get you." Problem solved.

I do keep a large tub full of some of my older figures to play with but sadly, Tigger, the kids are outgrowing them. :(

emo_sad.gif [supportive tones] It is OK, Lou, it is just a phase, they will come back to us . . .[/supportive tones]

emo_sad.gif

Seriously though, they will come around, I am sure of it. Kids go through phases where even loving their mum and dad is too "uncool" sometimes. In this instance, we see there is an obvious advantage though.

Figurines are just too cool!.

It's funny, several years ago a few of them used to live with me. They used to look at some of my more disturbing figures and I would say, "If you touch these even once, they'll come out of the package and they'll get you." Problem solved.

lol. That is funny, and I bet you didn't have any problems with your one of the Joker!. He is just a scary figure.

Love the Cap figure. They got his articulation just about right. Would have liked a ball joint in the neck like Thor but this'll do.

85142e21.jpg

Thor. I don't like the ball jointed articulation they chose for his hips. It gives you the option to move them side by side, or front to back, but not both. This takes a lot away from possibility. Wish they did him like Cap.

b66995a8.jpg

Iron Man is sweet, and I dig the battle damage and he has the same hip issues as Thor. Kind of a bummer.

5c490d37.jpg

All in all I like these. Can;t wait to get the other three.

The face on the Thor one is pretty awesome for a mass produced thing!.

I like the Ironman ones legs and arms. Can you get the shield off Cap's back at all?.

Scored these today

8491753f.jpg

Can't wait to open them up. Still gotta hunt down Hulk, Hawkeye and Loki. Being Wal Mart exclusives, they've been tricky. Been looking for a few weeks at a few different stores. Open pics later tonight.

Do they not make a Black Widow figurine?

Saw avengers again last night - so damn good! A bit of the shame that the two hulk moments were completely devoid of surprise and therefore not as thrilling - but then there is the rest of the movie :D

Do they not make a Black Widow figurine?

Not for this line. If the line is successful she should appear in the second wave. But these things are so hard to find how can they be successful?

Maybe their rarity suggests a sellout popularity? :)

Could be. But they made it a Wal Mart exclusive, so immediately you've closed off a lot of avenues to sell them. I would think they'd be much more successful if they were available everywhere. But maybe it's that exclusivity that draws collectors to them.

Cool Graphic, but it felt like it was building up to some punchline and conclusion...

Punchline: There will be a 3 hour director's cut!

Yet those same people would watch over a gazillion hours of silicon/mascara drying, i.e. Jersey shores/desperate housewives/footballers wives.

And call it "watchable".

of course, they DO know their home audience, as the 80% increase in some particular foodstuff shows. They probably could prove with statistics that X of the people who saw it and tweeted "zomg, so like, c00l man". would have watched a three hour one and gone "Well, cool I supose, but rrse hurty"

I heard they might release the 3 hour cut in theatres later this year?

I am so in. Always did want to see it a second time.

Infographics don't have punchlines. That would make them comic strips.