J. White

The Avengers

It's a top tune, from the only NIN album I actually own.

Agreed, although I'd go for The Downward Spiral if I was to only own one album.

The Trailers good by me, even if the use of the music is a little off.

Whedon is completely the right guy for this type of ensemble project.

The trailer may be Stark heavy, but the film itself might not be.

Most of those Stark clips may have been from the same scene.

I want this movie to have come out this week, so I can go see it tomorrow.

One of you guys get onto that for me, if you please.

There is nothing, and I mean, NOTHING, worth watching on at the movies here. At least last school holidays I was able to take my nephew and neice to Kung Fu Panda 2.

I do wonder how they will deal with Steve Rogers being a man out of time and explain how Thor got back to the earth (probably ignoring his one night stand with the broad from his own movie.)

Also I do hope the other character get some screen time and we get more of Tony Stark being an arrogant ass.

He is good at playing the part, and no mistake.

Re Thor not kissing and telling his new team mates about it, they obviously can't go into too much of everyones backstory, but then, that is life, right?. How often does the arresting police officer tell you about his girlfriends house pets, or the guy in the Drive-through tell you about how well his garden is growing thanks to global warming.

Black Widow need not tell people about herself, the character was a spy before "changing sides" to work for a semi-spy group, wouldn't reticence be fitting for her?.

A big deal was made about Thor loosing the woman he loved (groan), it seems like he'd try to find her first chance he got.

Can't he just toss his hammer?.

I mean, you know, wish his hammer finds her, then toss it . . . holding onto it tightly . . .

Umm.

I mean I could understand Steve Rogers not wanting to talk about his life, sense everybody he knows is now dead. But Thor's GF is pretty much a live and just working in Oklahoma. Which he could just go "I'll be right back." and fly over there for a day or two.

Guys, you are now criticizing a film you haven't seen based on assumptions about how they'll deal with issues. Chill.

I'm sure Thor will just end up trying to shag The Black Widow along with Tony Stark also trying to shag her, while Captain America has a conflicted look on his face because he is unsure of these modern times and how women folk are supposed to be treated. Hawkeye and Bruce Banner will just end up being in the background.

That's awfully short. And I don't think I saw space craft in previous trailers. Must be the Skrull?

That's awfully short. And I don't think I saw space craft in previous trailers. Must be the Skrull?

Ummm, the villain is Loki. He's from a different planet.

Technically, I suppose, but in effect it was more like another dimension - spaceships would be quite a departure. I suspect Lou's Skrull theory is more likely.

Yeah, why would Loki be fartin' around with space ships? He'd have to be manipulating someone else, that's where his power lies. I think the Skrull's been a rumor for a little bit but the ships seem to cement it.

Cap Spoiler:[ Spoiler : [edit] I also think we'll see the Red Skull again at some point, maybe not this flick. Looked an awful lot like the Asgardian sky when the cube (which I think was shown in Odin's weapons room along with Thanos gauntlet?) zapped him up at the end of Cap. ]

Yeah, why would Loki be fartin' around with space ships? He'd have to be manipulating someone else, that's where his power lies. I think the Skrull's been a rumor for a little bit but the ships seem to cement it.

Cap Spoiler:[ Spoiler : [edit] I also think we'll see the Red Skull again at some point, maybe not this flick. Looked an awful lot like the Asgardian sky when the cube (which I think was shown in Odin's weapons room along with Thanos gauntlet?) zapped him up at the end of Cap. ]

Well elder Stark finds it at the end of Cap and at the end of Thor Fury has it.

The Nowegian town from the star of cap is the Same one from the start of Thor, presumably that explains how the cube got there

Technically, I suppose, but in effect it was more like another dimension - spaceships would be quite a departure. I suspect Lou's Skrull theory is more likely.

I hope you're wrong. This film already has enough elements to bring together if they're not going to also throw an entirely new alien species into the mix.