J. White

The Avengers

Has someone been watching The Big Bang Theory? he he

I usually don't end up watching these movies anyway.

The only time I watch movies anymore is with my girlfriend, and I don't even try to bring up watching superhero movies with her anymore, so I'll support it.

Not that I don't support the cause anyway...My whole anti-corporate stance and all....

Here's how concerned comics people can exact poetic revenge: Make a new supervillain, and make him look and act quite a bit like Stan Lee. It wouldn't make any economic difference, but a cultural revenge would also be in Kirbys spirit, methinks.

Here's how concerned comics people can exact poetic revenge: Make a new supervillain, and make him look and act quite a bit like Stan Lee. It wouldn't make any economic difference, but a cultural revenge would also be in Kirbys spirit, methinks.

As with almost everything else in superhero comics, Kirby already did that. "Funky Flashman", a character from the Fourth World saga, is a pretty blatant, and savage, parody of Smilin' Stan.

As with almost everything else in superhero comics, Kirby already did that. "Funky Flashman", a character from the Fourth World saga, is a pretty blatant, and savage, parody of Smilin' Stan.

Then a reprint may be in order.

Then a reprint may be in order. :sherlock:

You can say that again.

Don't tempt me! I have a keyboard, and I'm not afraid to use it!

"Battle For The Cosmic Cube!”.

Hmm. I may be shhowing my lack of nerd-cred here yet again, but are they talking about a Mother Box, under some other title?.

Then a reprint may be in order. :sherlock:

Well, if you read Alan Moore's delightful mini-series from Image called "1963", you'll see a not so thinly disguised version of Stan Lee, who, while not a super-villain, gets mocked quite vociferously, indeed.

It's one of the funniest parodies you'll ever read. I almost choked laughing for so hard while reading that series.

Moore gives Stan Lee a hiding like none ever before.

"Battle For The Cosmic Cube!”.

Hmm. I may be shhowing my lack of nerd-cred here yet again, but are they talking about a Mother Box, under some other title?.

GET OUT! GET OUT! How dare you mistake an obvious Marvel concept with something from the DC Universe. We won't be having our multiverses crossing on this forum, thank you very much. Omniverse? Ha! Marvel physicists laugh at the very concept.

The Cosmic Cube was created by Lee and Kirby in the pages of a Captain America story (Tales of Suspense #79, to be exact).

The Cube is a matrix contained within a 3-dimenstional construct, which has the ability to transform the external physical world by the imagination of whomsoever holds the Cube.

AIM, evil technocrats, using advanced technology, tapped into the power of the matrix and contained within the 3-dimensional construct, known as the "Cosmic Cube", they wished to reshape reality based on their own extreme rationalist vision of base materialist reality. The Cube was then taken by the Red Skull, who wanted to use it to bring Hitler's vision of "utopia" into reality.

There is no bigger nerd when it comes to Marvel Comics on this forum than me, dammit. I hath spoken.

I like that. There's a more epic feel to this trailer, as it should be. Why does poor Hawkeye get no dialog in any trailers?

You know, a case might be made for us being extremely spoilt, actually embarassingly privileged. What treasures have been spilt out for us these last few years.

Loki is true to form, a bloke that got a double serving of foolhardy in his arrogance cereal.

And Hawkeye isn't talking because he is trying really really hard to not scream and flinch and hide under something strong.

He is by far the bravest guy on that field, because, one touch of a falling brick, let alone a backhander from Loki, and the mortal is off the field, or under it, in a pine box. Fighting out of his weight class must make for a lack of time to frame bon mots.