A. Heathen

Hellblazer wiki

Someone get James on the phone, he did a lot of work on the Wiki Wiki page for Hellblazer!

Oddly enough, I was thinking this morning that a Hellblazer wikipedia thing would be handy. And then I found this existed: http://hellblazer.wikia.com

Since I'm now back in the UK and unemployed, I might actually start monkeying around with that...

The gang's all here!

Thanks, man. I actually spent the last couple of days catching up with the Milligan issues (so much colour now! Gone are the shit browns of Ye Olde Vertigoe) so I'm easing myself in a bit.

I'd quite like to faff about with that Hellblazer Wikia, but the templates function baffles me. Anyone with a bit of Wiki code knowledge able to whip something up? John?

Good to see you again James. Glad to hear you're back in Blighty, but not so glad to hear about the unemployment thing. It's difficult for journalists at the mo', but hopefully something will pick up for you. Are you freelancing or looking for an employed position?

Employed position seems like the safest thing right now - I've never done a proper freelance thing before (I was contracted freelance for a couple of years, which means you screw yourself over on tax but at least have regular work coming in) and trying to start that in a city - and country - where I have very few contacts seems like too much of a risk. I'm making freelance pitches in the meantime to test the waters but I'd be happier, I think, in regular employment.

I've put in a bunch of job applications at various magazines and websites but I'm not ruling out a complete change of career (theoretically temporary, but I know there's a danger of that kind of thing sticking) or even getting temp bar work or something, bolstered by freelance stuff. I dunno, it's all a bit of a mystery.

Sadly, I now have a girlfriend so selling my body - even just bits of it on a temporary basis, which is how I tried to convince her - is definitely off the table.

I'll be moving down to London in a couple of weeks (I've saved up a bit of money and I have a very accommodating - no pun intended - friend so I should be okay for now) on the basis that it'll be easier to find a job in the city if I'm actually there. If you, Ade and pals are about we could meet up for a (cheap) pint.