Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

The Goon

That looks about 7,000 shades of excellent! I might have only read 1 Goon comic in my life but that trailer is fucking great!

like it. Especially that last few seconds, that is classic cartooning.

Thompson Enforcers might not be the very best sub-machine gun there is, but they got the most Panache.

Same with me Lou. But I may just go check out some Goon now. I know that's Paul Giamatti doing the voice of Frank. Who's doing the voice of the Goon? Sounds like maybe Clancy Brown

MAN, what kind of fool wouldn't put money on that puppy?

I mean, probably the kind of fool who'd want a return on his investment. STILL! That was excellent. How are the Goon comics these days? I gave up after, I think, the vampire one when it all started to get a bit too mopey and plot-oriented for me.

Wow, I hope that gets greenlit. That was superb. But even if they don't make a whole movie, at least they gave us that. That was fun!

I mean, probably the kind of fool who'd want a return on his investment. STILL! That was excellent. How are the Goon comics these days? I gave up after, I think, the vampire one when it all started to get a bit too mopey and plot-oriented for me.

I don't really read them in order (I grab the trades when I can) so for all I know, the ones I enjoy are older issues. But that said, they're still mostly awesome. I could read those comics for the character/visual design alone. There are times when I've spent a whole minute on a particular panel or splash page just laughing.

I can't tell which is better, the prospective Goon movie or a SlickEvil sighting!

The latter. Definitely.

I don't really read them in order (I grab the trades when I can) so for all I know, the ones I enjoy are older issues. But that said, they're still mostly awesome. I could read those comics for the character/visual design alone. There are times when I've spent a whole minute on a particular panel or splash page just laughing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The comic timing in some of the issues is absolutely incredible. I just felt a bit betrayed by the serious turn it took a way into the comic. But maybe now I know that I can pick up the trades and judge it a little more fairly.

It'll be worth your time for sure. I do see your point - there are some issues that tended toward the overly serious and that didn't really fit with the whole Goon aesthetic. The laugh out loud hilarious ones are the best. But there's always amusement to be found in the pages of a Goon comic book. Or so I have found.