Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Namedropping

The Big Bang Theory - Season 2, Episode 20 - "The Hofstadter Isotope"

In a scene at the comic book shop, Penny asks Stuart (the owner) for a recommendation for a teenaged boy, and he offers up "Hellblazer". It's a magic moment.

It comes at about 7:54 in the video (click the link).

bbthb.jpg

I found this out today. Some of you might have caught this quicker than I did:

Supernatural’s Angel of Thursday – Chatting with Misha Collins About Castiel

“Kripke wanted to base the look of the character on the comic book character ‘Constantine’ I don’t know if I’m ever going to change clothes. Maybe they will eventually be worn to tatters and I will morph from “holy tax accountant” to “holy homeless guy.”

I found this out today. Some of you might have caught this quicker than I did:

Supernatural's Angel of Thursday – Chatting with Misha Collins About Castiel

"Kripke wanted to base the look of the character on the comic book character 'Constantine' I don't know if I'm ever going to change clothes. Maybe they will eventually be worn to tatters and I will morph from "holy tax accountant" to "holy homeless guy."

From the interview.

I had a kissing scene with Alyssa Milano and she slipped me the tongue.There was just way too much stimulation there for me. Funny thing is last year I shot a pilot for ABC where Alyssa Milano and I played brother and sister. When I told her about our kiss (that scene wound up on the cutting room floor) she didn’t have any recollection of it.

Ouch, that would burn a bit . . . of course, probably not as much as would out shine having got tounge from her in the first place.

Good find. I always enjoy those Comic Book Legends columns.

I had no idea about the Stanley and his Monster one. I, obviously, thought that the character Ambrose Bierce was self-explanatory. The series was mostly about satirizing the Vertigo style comic of the time-period.

It's really funny that the column says Foglio was "forced to invent Ambrose Bierce". I always thought that if Ambrose Bierce didn't exist, we'd have to create him.

When I read Doom Patrol, that character of Willowby was so obviously COnstantine that I made up my own backstory that it was one of John's aliases. Same with Jack Carter's appearance in Planetary--it was John using another alias.

The real Ambrose Bierce wrote the Devil's Dictionary, which if you haven't read it, you should. It's hilarious.

It really is, yeah.

He wrote some of the best horror stories ever penned also.

And, he was one of the few people abducted by aliens who passed their test and was allowed to live forever in their utopian home dimension.

It's funny that DC allowed Milligan to use John in Shade, but he wasn't cleared for Doom Patrol.

That's how protective they once were of John Constantine. Now, they throw him around like a piece of meat.

"A watered down child friendly John Constantine for Justice League Dark? You bet! Amethyst? Hell, yeah. Why not?"

• Upvote 2

The Devil's Dictionary is like having all the wit of Mark Twain with all the bitterness of... I dunno, insert famous bitter writer.