Sign in to follow this  
Atticus

Dredd thread

Just read in SFX magazine that Karl Urban has been confirmed as Judge Dredd.

Shooting due to start at the end of the the year in Johannesburg for a 2012 release.

He has vowed to keep his helmet on for the whole movie, saying that if he went to see a movie called Judge Dredd and the actor playing Dredd took off his helmet and "full-on revelaed his identity" he'd "puke in his popcorn". Sounds like he knows a bit about the character. Either that or just knows what fanboys want to hear. He apparently is a lifelong fan, and promises the reboot will be "hard and gritty" and will give fans the Dredd they've always wanted.

Certainly sounds promising, but I'll wait till they've actually started shooting before I believe it's actually going to happen.

Any thoughts?

Gosh, Karl Urban is so handsome, but he'd better keep that helmet on.

At least the bar's been set pretty low by the previous movie. This will either rock or suck. I really hope it rocks.

I'd really like to see a good Dredd adaptation. Karl Urban's a decent actor and the Dredd universe is well fleshed out. If it's written well and looks fucking awesome they could have something tasty on their hands. *crosses fingers*

I'm looking forward to this one. What was Dredd's average age? I heard he's aged with the comic.

The most important aspect of this movie for me will be the portrayal of Mega City One. The city, its atmosphere and society was the most fascinating part of the comics when I was reading them. I won't be all that interested if they simply throw up some standard spec dystopian city.

I'm looking forward to this one. What was Dredd's average age? I heard he's aged with the comic.

Sort of. A lot of artists do tend to draw him a bit grizzled, but Garth Ennis burned his face off in the early '90s so that they'd have an excuse to rejuvenate him...