James

Hellblazer: The Movie

But you're spot on, Matt!

Agreed.Matt,just perfectly summed up,exactly why I'm not even tempted,to try and watch Constantine.

See also:GI Joe and the Transformers.

As a Hollywood movie, Constantine is decent enough. However, I strain for that objectivity because I know the source material and would rather see our boy John get a treatment similar to The Walking Dead. Should we ever be blessed with a reboot I would immediately choose JUDE LAW to be John. Anyone want to play the reboot casting game?

law350.jpg

OK, apply your statement but substitute different words:

"As a "useless piece of meat with holes you can put your dick into, Paris Hilton" is decent enough."

"As a "drug rehab slut counselor, Lindsay Lohan" is decent enough."

OK, apply your statement but substitute different words:

"As a "useless piece of meat with holes you can put your dick into, Paris Hilton" is decent enough."

"As a "drug rehab slut counselor, Lindsay Lohan" is decent enough."

Ugh! Could you tone down the misogyny a tad, Slinker? Please?

As a Hollywood movie, Constantine is decent enough. However, I strain for that objectivity because I know the source material and would rather see our boy John get a treatment similar to The Walking Dead. Should we ever be blessed with a reboot I would immediately choose JUDE LAW to be John. Anyone want to play the reboot casting game?

law350.jpg

Kevin-McKidd-as-Lucius-Vorenus-Ray-Stevenson-as-Titus-Pullo-rome-16609040-506-316.jpg

John and Chas. Sorted. Man, I should watch Rome again. That was a great show.

Law's just a bit too well-scrubbed for my tastes.

I've said it a million times, and I'll keep saying it till someone agrees with me:

arts-graphics-2008_1133593a.gif

Kenneth Branagh

But I do so like the idea of Kevin McKidd as JC. A fine idea.

Robert Lindsay if they're actually having an ageing British actor, Christopher Walken if they're insisting on an American.

because of lohan and hilton? my but aren't you the gentleman. misogyny implies a hatred toward all women, which is preposterous. it doesn't mean hatred for specific women. while i don't think much of hilton or lohan, to imply that i hate them is really going too far, and uncharacteristic of you.

because of lohan and hilton? my but aren't you the gentleman. misogyny implies a hatred toward all women, which is preposterous. it doesn't mean hatred for specific women. while i don't think much of hilton or lohan, to imply that i hate them is really going too far, and uncharacteristic of you.

1) Misogyny, just like racism, need not be all-encompassing and defining for all your attitudes to be present.

2) Disliking Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan is not in itself misogyny. Describing them as "useless piece of meat with holes you can put your dick into" IS, in my view.

I'm not saying you hate all women, or even hate Lohan/Hitlon, just that your comments were a tad tasteless and misogynist.

Recently been following Californication and making the connection to John Constantine and Hank Moody

You filthy bastards! Oh well, point taken, I guess. While only someone intellectually challenged (similar to myself, I'm sure....) would think me a misogynist - humbly raised by my single ol' auntie to instill in me more respect for women than the average patriarchal North American or Western European male has - I certainly do understand that my crass language could lead to that absurdly incorrect conclusion being jumped to. That meathole thing, though? Deep in your hearts, you know at least one damsel who fits that definition whether you are scumbag enough to admit or not. Their worst is just as bad as ours over time. They deserve to be treated so much better - from unfair wages to respect for their leadership capabilities, and a litany of other unfounded charges hurled at wowanhood by insecure men. I leave with this last comment, sage wisdom from an old man who has crossed death's threshold once and came back for the encore - usually when a fella hollars "misogyny" where nary a woman is present, or maybe just one or two, at least half the time he's trying to impress someone with his "uncommon sensitivity." Now, I would never think that about you, Red, having interacted with you frequently here. And it might be that it's more common stateside than in European society, but I've seen it way too often as I just described. Thankfully, none of you are that way.

And Map, by holy Jesus Hell, I could not disagree with you more, all due respect.

You filthy bastards! Oh well, point taken, I guess.

Goodie :hattip:

While only someone intellectually challenged (similar to myself, I'm sure....) would think me a misogynist - humbly raised by my single ol' auntie to instill in me more respect for women than the average patriarchal North American or Western European male has - I certainly do understand that my crass language could lead to that absurdly incorrect conclusion being jumped to.

Note: I'm not saying you're a misogynist, I was just commenting on that specific post.

here's a few random ideas....

paul bettany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LF91HdMEw

tim roth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwusCDRiDwE

johnny lee miller

gary oldman (he's such a good actor i'd cast him in ANYTHING lol )

guy pearce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIf97B_Q1eQ

rhys ifans

robert carlyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBM3bzCAk0&feature=related

david thewlis

i was gonna post a pic of each of these guys but the damn thing wont let me lol

i liked the jude law suggestion too.

probably couldve done a bit better with this, but here's a trailer i made to give an example of what paul bettany would be like as john

Not bad! Several others in here have made the same connection with Bettany/JC, and I see what they mean.