James

Hellblazer: The Movie

Hugh Laurie?

Hullo by the way, first time posting on the forums, longtime reader of Hellblazer though.

Anyway, I feel like good ole Hugh would do a bang-up job as the Hellblazer because he's a brilliant actor, and has an AMAZINGLY effective curmudgeon personality about him. Or if we're going for a younger guy, I'd have to agree with Bettany, that trailer TheDevilYouKnow posted was brilliantly cast, he definitely has a bit of John in him already it would seem, haha.

Hugh Laurie?

Hullo by the way, first time posting on the forums, longtime reader of Hellblazer though.

Anyway, I feel like good ole Hugh would do a bang-up job as the Hellblazer because he's a brilliant actor, and has an AMAZINGLY effective curmudgeon personality about him. Or if we're going for a younger guy, I'd have to agree with Bettany, that trailer TheDevilYouKnow posted was brilliantly cast, he definitely has a bit of John in him already it would seem, haha.

Hi, Constant, and welcome! I'm a big fan of Laurie myself, but have a hard time seeing him as JC. He does curmudgeon well, but I'm not too sure he'd do JCs more mischievous side that well.

Only if we can have Steven Fry as Chas.

Well he can do an English accent spot-on so I'm told, haha.

As for Laurie not being able to pull it off, House very much shows off his knack for being mischevious, I'd totally buy him being able to walk into a room like he owns the joint and basically tricking every single being standing around him into admitting how stupid they are.

Mostly because he does this weekly on House :D

However, like I said, he's a bit too seasoned to be the young John Constantine, however, I'd be surprised if he didnt shine up nicely with a hair dye job and a shave.

The problem with Laurie is class. He's got too much of it. JC has none, except for the working bit.

Loz Olivier, I think: supposedly Hoffman was blathering about how he'd spent a couple of nights not sleeping (or somesuch method bollocks) before the dentistry scene in Marathon Man, and Olivier thought that was a silly approach.

Recently been following Californication and making the connection to John Constantine and Hank Moody

ive been watching californication myself lately and i could see the similarities.

not suggesting david duchovny for the role or anything , but if john were to be portrayed in live action again, he should essentially be portrayed as sort of like a darker version of hank. and english obviously. lol

i've decided a hellblazer tv series would probably be a more reachable idea than another movie.