Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Transmetropolitan to Return

Ellis and Robertson's Transmetropolitan to Return

by Tom Pinchuk on Sept. 28, 2010

You didn’t honestly think you’d seen the last of Spider Jerusalem, do you? More than eight years have passed since TRANSMETROPOLITAN concluded and, now, Bleeding Cool’s saying that the title’s coming back for a charity special early next year intended to benefit the Hero Initiative and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. While both Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson will be back to, respectively, contribute a forward and some key art, the bulk of the book will feature stories set in “the City” by a variety of other talents. That’s all we know for now - - expect more details to come forth on the official Transmet twitter account.

(more at the link)

I read Transmet and liked it a lot, but I don't think I'd want to see "the further adventures of Spider Jerusalem by random fuck creative team of the month." I don't know. This sounds like an idea that will peak when it launches, but will fall flat when the material doesn't stand up to or mesh well with the original books. But since it's for a good cause, I hope it's successful.

I'm thinking it is.

umm...Especially because the article says, "coming back for a charity special".

I guess Planetary is coming back for one more issue also, by Ellis though.

Allow me to use this thread for comics news:

Let's see...It looks like the WildStorm imprint is finally being canceled. But, before it is, Warren Ellis is returning for one last Planetary special! Hopefully one he puts some time and effort into.

Also, all the Hellblazer Winter's Edge tales will be collected, along with other Vertigo Winter's Edge stories, in a new TPB. There's some good material from the Winter's Edge books...two really good HB stories, and at least one classic Sandman mythos tale from Gaiman.

'A charity special' suggests a one-shot. I like Transmet's world but think that Ellis has completely lost his touch so I might well pick this up.

Kind of odd, though, because I remember Ellis throwing a wobbly over someone's 'Who would you like to see writing Transmet?' thread about seven or eight years back. Still, it's all for a good cause...

An anthology one shot could be cool with the right talent behind it.

Definitely. Something like 2020 Visions but set in the Transmet universe wouldn't go amiss.