Sign in to follow this  
slinker

All-Star Superman--The Movie

DC Entertainment Releases ALL STAR SUPERMAN TRAILER

MTV has gotten it's hands on the trailer for All Star Superman, the animated adaptation of the Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely comics considered by most Comic/Superman fans to be the finest hour yet for the Man of Steel.

The movie adaption rarely lives up to it's literary predecessor, so I am not disappointed in this trailer. While I would love to see the entire movie in Frank Quietly's beautiful work, I am a realist and understand this is not possible.

Looks like the people over at Warner’s Animation have found their Superman, Lois Lane, and Lex Luthorfor their upcoming “All-Star Superman” movie. James Denton (Desperate Housewives), Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) and Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace). This would be Denton’s and Hendricks’ first foray into animated voice overs, while LaPaglia had worked on Happy Feet and the upcoming Legend of the Guardians. In addition to Denton, Hendicks, and LaPaglia, Ed Asner is Daily Planet editor Perry White, Frances Conroy as Ma Kent with Linda Cardelini, Arnold Vosloo and Matthew Gray Gubler as yet to be named voices.

click here for the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvstmYjoDYE

Agreed, I have a massive geek boner for this but why cast Anthony LaPaglia when Clancy Brown is the definitive Lex Luthor, I love Lapaglia in Without a trace but he's just going to be as good a Luthor. He needs that stuck up tone to his voice that Brown did expertly in Justice League.

It was better than Doomsday, but nowhere near JLA: New Frontier, which to me is the very best animated superhero film to date, toppling Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Better than Doomsday - sure. But considering the talent involved (Christina Hendricks! LaPaglia! McDuffie! Bruce Timm!), and the source story being as good as it is, I expected it to suck way waaaay less. The voicework was horribly stilted, the animation, while faithful, kinda, to the Quitely aesthetics/palette still had some problems. And I think they shouldn't have trimmed all the meta stuff, IMHO ASS #10 was the highpoint of superhero comics in the past decade, and quite possibly the reason why someone thought adapting ASS would be a good idea.

Better than Doomsday - sure. But considering the talent involved (Christina Hendricks! LaPaglia! McDuffie! Bruce Timm!), and the source story being as good as it is, I expected it to suck way waaaay less. The voicework was horribly stilted, the animation, while faithful, kinda, to the Quitely aesthetics/palette still had some problems. And I think they shouldn't have trimmed all the meta stuff, IMHO ASS #10 was the highpoint of superhero comics in the past decade, and quite possibly the reason why someone thought adapting ASS would be a good idea.

I totally agree but with these 90 minute cartoons, you know they are going to halfass it through some important things. They totally changed the end, for one thing. That was my biggest gripe.