Sign in to follow this  
Rassmguy

Comin' Back to Hellblazer

Obviously an alternate time-line was created by Shade sending Epiphany back in time.

I'm guessing Thatcher was never elected in this reality...

There's no other way to explain the discrepancy.

Milligan should know better since he wrote the original Shade story.

I think Milligan wanted to place it in 1979 because of the reference to that story.

I thought it was neat that Milligan was revisiting his original John Constantine story and never stopped to think about John still being a punk in this version.

Ah, fuck. As soon as Shade came into the series, I started actively disliking it. PLEASE tell me it gets better, because I'm supposed to be enjoying coming back to Hellblazer, but instead, I keep finding myself getting annoyed at the stupidity of this storyline. Constantine cutting off his own thumb, spontaneously going crazy, being hospitalized and instantly growing a full beard and sideburns? Big purple spirals everywhere? The Shade logo actually appearing in John's dialog? WTF??? This is not good. I no longer feel like I'm reading Hellblazer--this has become some cheesy Vertigo series with flashy form but no fleshy substance. Crap.

... I keep finding myself getting annoyed at the stupidity of this storyline. Constantine cutting off his own thumb, spontaneously going crazy, ...

I liked those things. It's a horror series, sort of, and the thumb-cutting was quite disturbing and effective. I'm half convinced it might constitute one of the great Hellblazer moments.

... The Shade logo actually appearing in John's dialog? WTF??? ...

:laugh: Agreed.

... I keep finding myself getting annoyed at the stupidity of this storyline. Constantine cutting off his own thumb, spontaneously going crazy, ...

I liked those things. It's a horror series, sort of, and the thumb-cutting was quite disturbing and effective.

I agree with this...but I'm wondering how much of a horror series this is.

Horror stories are few and far between in this book anymore for it being a horror series.

OK, I'm all caught up--2 1/2 years worth of stories in about 4 days... and many of them disappointing.

What were the high points for you then?

I liked those things. It's a horror series, sort of, and the thumb-cutting was quite disturbing and effective.

I agree with this...but I'm wondering how much of a horror series this is.

Horror stories are few and far between in this book anymore for it being a horror series.

I was trying to be the change I want to see in the world. :smile: