A. Heathen

CLiNT versus Dodgem Logic

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which magazine would win in a library?

• CLiNT (I have read both)
    • Dodgem Logic (I have read both)
    • CLiNT (I have not read both)
    • Dodgem Logic (I have not read both)

I have dabbled with Alan Moore's Dodgem Logic because it has some interesting reading material, but parts of it remind me too much of when mainstream publisher got hold of fanzines and tried to emulate them, ie faux amateurish. I like it in general.

Right now there's a brilliant strip about Louis Wain by Savage Pencil and David Quantick.

I have not really taken to "Mark Millar's a CLiNT" having bought the first one and found I already have the comics I would be most interested in.

But Stewart Lee has written a story in it and David Mitchell is on the cover and interviewed within. I quite like the Stewart Lee story and might enjoy the Frankie Boyle one when I read it. The interviews are nice.

If the editorial quality (but not content) of CLiNT were imposed on Dodgem Logic a bit, the latter would be ace.

If someone who does Uncut or Q could take a look at the page order of CLiNT, it would be nice.

Anyone fear that Warren Ellis is pondering this sort of thing?

Anyone fear that Warren Ellis is pondering this sort of thing?

Insert joke about Warren's slow output.

I've noticed the variable quality of the writing (and hence editing) in Dodgem Logic, but I voted in favour of it on general principles.

Haven't read either but Rich's been trailing another new entry into the comic's magazine genre called Strip which will include a Sharpe-esque story so I'll be giving that one a shot.

Haven't read either but Rich's been trailing another new entry into the comic's magazine genre called Strip which will include a Sharpe-esque story so I'll be giving that one a shot.

There's a lot to like about Dodgem Logic, but a lot of the features do seem to have been written by well-meaning but particularly self-righteous and slow-witted sixth formers. Nice of Big Hairy Alan to give The Kids a platform, but it'd be kinder if he tried to make sure they were actually writing something worth reading. It's a little self-indulgent otherwise.

Kev O'Neill's regular page of insanity makes it all worth while, though.

I voted for Dodgen Logic, even though I have never read it.

I did, however, read #1 of CLiNT, and I thought it was peurile at best, and pathetic at worst.