Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

The Man of Steel

The haircut looks ridiculous to me. If you google images of Henry Cavill, most of his real-life haircuts look more like Superman than the faux horror movie bouffant in that still.

A year later, I don't really know what I meant by "faux horror movie". Now I know how the rest of you feel.

The haircut looks ridiculous to me. If you google images of Henry Cavill, most of his real-life haircuts look more like Superman than the faux horror movie bouffant in that still.

A year later, I don't really know what I meant by "faux horror movie". Now I know how the rest of you feel.

Faux in contrast with "real-life"; and "horror movie" as in "real horror show", but not in a good way as it's used in A Clockwork Orange, but rather what common sense would suggest it means?

And bouffant meaning big?

:mong:

I got it esoterically even if I didn't get the actual reference.

They wouldn't extend for many hundreds or thousands of feet, like a chemtrail or whatnot. They'd dissipate maybe 20 feet behind him.

Kal-El is drawing those stripes in the sky!

Also, despite the fact that his left leg is bent back there doesn't seem to be any depth to the cape.

And where is his kiss-curl?

(but I don't particularly dislike the updated costume sans red pants)

I have no strong feelings about it, but I miss the spitcurl because I have one, and I miss the briefs because they make it easier to pretend I'm flying in the pool. It's all wish fulfillment, I guess.

Michael Shannon as General Zod is the only positive thing i've heard about it.

Then I saw this.

zodu.jpg

the top is probably a fake but it's based on this still image from the set below.

shannon1.jpg

I'm considering withdrawing my previous statement.

Edited by slinker

I edited my post but the bottom image isn't fake. I think whoever did the top one was trying to approximate what the costume looked like based on the bottom pic.

AH HA, got ya. I thought I read some rumor that he's going to be wearing some CG armor. Maybe