A. Heathen

Hellblazer event in London tbc

From Andy Diggle's twitterings:

"Hellblazer fans! Various HB creators are doing a... thing... in London on April 23 (Easter weekend). More details once it's officially announced."

It might be just a signing, but let's hope it is a Comica type event.

Watch this space, those of you without twitter who might be interested.

Oh! That sounds like it could be fun. Tell us more when you know more!

Also - Easter weekend! It'll be the something-year anniversary of Tom seeing Constanteen. Clearly that's what they're commemorating, even if they can't say it out loud.

Guess this is it -

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/14/sci-fi-london-runs-comic-events-including-twenty-five-years-of-hellblazer/

On the 23rd of April, Andy Diggle and David Lloyd will kick off the Sci Fi London Comic Festival in London, with a panel centred on twenty-five years of John Constantine: Hellblazer at the Apollo Piccadilly cinema, Lower Regent Street.

This is a precursor to a central London two day comics festiva curated by ALex Fitch,l with Ilya, V.V. Brown, China Mieville, Denise Mina, Roger Brown, Hannah Berry, Huw J Davies, Ian Edginton and Yuri Kore and more running at the BFI on the South Bank on the May Bank Holiday weekend on the 30th APril and 1st May.

St George's Day, by George!

Also - Easter weekend! It'll be the something-year anniversary of Tom seeing Constanteen. Clearly that's what they're commemorating, even if they can't say it out loud.

You are IN TOO DEEP.

You break my heart, Ade.

By the way I may by in town between the 25th and the 27th. Not quite sure on times yet. You want to meet up?

You break my heart, Ade.

By the way I may by in town between the 25th and the 27th. Not quite sure on times yet. You want to meet up?

Unfortunately, I shall be in Lancashire until 27th.

Well, this should be interesting -

25 years of John Constantine: Hellblazer

Saturday 23rd April 5:00PM

A panel discussion with four of the creators of the ongoing comic, John Constantine: Hellblazer, a horror periodical about a magus who investigates occult crimes, hauntings and disasters.

The panel includes the comic’s original writer, Jamie Delano, who was chosen by Constantine's creator, Alan Moore, to continue John's adventures after his initial appearances in Swamp Thing.

Joining Jamie on stage are artist, David Lloyd – best known for drawing V for Vendetta – who contributed to the comic and illustrated the Constantine graphic novel, The Horrorist; and two of the most recent contributors, Andy Diggle and Peter Milligan.

The discussion will be followed by a screening of the film adaptation of the comic, CONSTANTINE, starring Keanu Reeves.

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2011/programme/talk/25-years-john-constantine-hellblazer

I suspect there might be something of an exodus after the panel (and not just because Doctor Who's on.)

Argh, I'd really like to see that. Can anyone take a recorder and bootleg it?

+1

Argh, I'd really like to see that. Can anyone take a recorder and bootleg it?

+1

There will be an official recording being made, which will be broadcast on Resonance 104.4 FM (London) (streamed at http://www.resonancefm.com) and podcast ( http://panelborders.wordpress.com ) later in the year.

If you're thinking of coming along, mention you read about the event on 'Voices from Beyond' and you'll get two tickets for the price of one at the box office tomorrow.

If you can't make tomorrow's event, Denise Mina will be attending the free comics festival at BFI Southbank on May 1st and will be discussing Hellblazer on the Horror and Noir panel (which is probably being moved to 3.30pm).

If any readers of this forum have questions for any of the Hellblazer creators appearing at either the Apollo tomorrow or BFI Southbank the following weekend, post them here and I'll ask the creators on stage; though do please come along if you can as it's a rare opportunity to meet Jamie Delano at a British comics event.

best wishes,

Alex Fitch

Sci-Fi London Events / Podcasts

http://www.scifilondon.com

Thanks, Alex.

I've got one for Denise Mina:

If you could change anything about your run on Hellblazer, what would you change?

For Peter Milligan:

Will you revisit Constantine's infatuation with Phoebe, or is that plot thread done now?

And, if you can ask Jamie non-Hellblazer questions:

Were you happy with the way Rawbone turned out?

Thanks for taking the time, and the kind offer, Alex.

I may go to this if only to avoid the sunshine ! The horror panel too.

I'd be interested to know which Hellblazer story by another writer is their favourite.

That's a great offer, Alex! Unfortunately, I'm not in the UK, otherwise I'd be there.

Look forward to listening to the podcast though.

Thanks for taking the time, and the kind offer, Alex.

I may go to this if only to avoid the sunshine ! The horror panel too.

I'd be interested to know which Hellblazer story by another writer is their favourite.

Dear all,

thanks for your questions. Unfortunately the 80 mins slot I was told by the organisers that I had was suddenly curtailed at 60 mins when I felt a tap on my shoulder (will sit facing the entrance from now on) saying my time was up! The panel didn't say which writer was their favourite, though I got the impression Peter and Andy admired Jamie's work, but unexpectedly Ian Rankin and Garth Ennis came in for a bit of criticism.

Rich Johnson is after a partial transcript a.s.a.p., so will try and do that this week; I'll put the recording on air / online in the autumn - I'll let you guys know when I have a better idea of the schedule.

I'm tempted to curate a month of shows on Hellblazer as I'm meeting Garth in August - 'Comics and conflicts' at the Imperial War Museum, London, Aug 19/20, please come along - and am planning to ring Eddie Campbell again in the near future, so could record interviews with both of them in the summer...

best wishes,

Alex

Hi Alex. Nice to meet you briefly.

To be fair the criticism of Rankin (by Delano and Milligan) was balanced by Andy Diggle liking it.

And the criticism of Ennis was mostly the Guinness thing :-)

Crap, if I'd known about this and that you'd attend, I'd have sent my greetings to Delano through you, Ade.

Hope we get to see that transcript soon. Especially to hear them talk about Keanustine. I know Delano particularly dislikes the very mention of its existence.