JohnMcMahon

The Video Game

This month's PCGamer in the UK had the following small write-up on the upcoming Constantine video-game :

CONSTANTINE

John, rather than The Great

Demons are everywhere nowadays. But, luckily for us, you can't throw a crucifix without hitting a paranormal hunter, like the one and only John Constantine.

Constantine is based on the forthcoming movie adaptation (starring Keanu Reeves) of the comic Hellblazer. It's a third-person demon-hunting game with an out-of-this-world-arsenal.

There's a shotgun that fires buckshot in the shape of a cross, a bug in a box that confuses demons, and a nailgun firing nails from the crosses of crucified men. John also has his supernatural powers.

He needs it all, hunting for clues to explain the mysterious suicide of his partner's twin sister in the demon world that lurks just beneath Los Angeles.

We'll have some garlic with our stake, please.

Constantine is based on the forthcoming movie adaptation (starring Keanu Reeves) of the comic Hellblazer.  It's a third-person demon-hunting game with an out-of-this-world-arsenal.

Is that better than the "out of his arse wonder" ?

There's a shotgun that fires buckshot in the shape of a cross, a bug in a box that confuses demons, and a nailgun firing nails from the crosses of crucified men.

Wow. And I bet there's boxes of the ammo for this weapon just lying all the fuck around.

I'll be in this corner, praying that Cthulhu destroys the world before this hits the shelves.

I've heard that while they've made superficial changes, the character of John Constantine in the game remains faithful to his comic roots.

Or at least he did in the first draft of the code....

It's game based on the movie. I personally don't expect much reall HB material to be present. Now that doesn't mean it won't be a fairly good first person shooter, but it's gonna be a bit hard to give Doom 3 a run for it's money. WHat a great game that was.

joking about the game being made, or joking about it "remaining faithful" ? Coz either way it sounds craep, and a let down :) Next thing you know they will be making a catwoman movie and game starring halle berry!

:huh: :blink: :mellow: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Well, does anyone remember the video game of The Mummy? It was bad. BAAAAAAAD. I wa hoping for something like Tomb Raider with Rick O'Connell instead of Lara Croft, but the setup and ideas really really made it suck. And I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to have that same hurried feel to it.

Shelves are jammed to overflowing with shithouse movie games, in fact I can't think of a decent movie-to-game off the top of my head.

Pretty much a true statement. Although I do think that Spiderman II the video game was a pretty decent run through. With that being a decent cross over game why are still doing things like that:

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ps2/the_incre...s/preview/47671

Run run run, press you action button, run run, press your action button three times, run run....

I was going to mention Robocop but I remembered that it took about an hour to load in 128K mode, which sort of ruins it (better than multipart version though). Also, it was rubbish.

Spiderman II is based on the Spiderman game from the PS1 so you can't really count that.

My thoughts:

The point 'n' click version of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was excellent, and if you can include Fate of Atlantis and (to a lesser extent) Infernal Machine in there then so much the better.

The Lucasfilm Star Wars games are mostly great, though they're not directly based on any one film so that's probably a bit unfair.

A Ring game would be fun, but it's endorse piracy, since the only way to complete the game would be to copy it and pass it on to a friend. Also, if you didn't finish it in seven days, Sadako would climb through your monitor and kill you, which is a bit of a harsh learning curve.

The point 'n' click version of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was excellent, and if you can include Fate of Atlantis and (to a lesser extent) Infernal Machine in there then so much the better.

oh, yes, those were GREAT! mind you, all lucas-arts games usually were, back in the day...

A Ring game would be fun, but it's endorse piracy, since the only way to complete the game would be to copy it and pass it on to a friend. Also, if you didn't finish it in seven days, Sadako would climb through your monitor and kill you, which is a bit of a harsh learning curve.

this concept had me laughing out loud...

Even though it was a video game to movie example, I think we can all agree that the "Mario Brothers" movie was a fine example of what Hollywood can do with video games.....

I'm still laughing about the seriousness the article related the part about "shooting nails from crucifed men".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for the breakfast cereal with the same!

I'll vouch for Everything or Nothing also, even tho I haven't seen the flick.

well it actually isnt based on the movie at all :D so it doesnt really count But yes, is a great game...should get round to fisnishing that sometime (i am actually notorious for this, but only int he realm of video games, well and books, and dvd's) but all the importnat stuff I am all about getting finished when Ive started :D