JohnMcMahon

The Video Game

No, I genuinely thought they'd named it the Crucifer. Then I read the article. Sorry.

Still, it doesn't look too bad. I doubt I'll splash out on it unless the reviews are really great though - it does look a bit like Bloodrayne for morons.

Goldeneye for the N64 is great.

Partially because they didn't push it for the theatrical release. Goldeneye came out years after the film did.

I don't like the simon-says minigame for magic. I would have preferred the Eternal Darkness system, but that would have been interesting.

I don't for the life of me see how a shoot-em-up, however dark or demonic it is, can be an accurate reflection of a comic in which, even after 200 issues, it's still worthy of comment whenever there's a brief 'action' scene. Hellblazer'd be made for a really nasty Gabriel Knight style point and click game, but that'd never sell enough copies, would it? Sigh...

Hellblazer'd be made for a really nasty Gabriel Knight style point and click game, but that'd never sell enough copies, would it? Sigh...

Oh yeah! Imagine if LucasArts had got hold of the licence back when they were good...

I'd rather not. It'd make me weep bitter tears of frustration. I try to be calm and collected about this mess, but sometimes I know just how Tom feels...

You know that might just be the worst story-line I've ever read in a comic.

inded it mioght...

and maybe if Heblazer was made as one of the moe mature themed adv. games, such as Sanitarium, Buerau 13, I have no mouth...

Interplay would have given the license to Black Isle studios, who would have made a brill adventuresque FRP a la Fallout... :(

It's never going to heal if you don't stop picking at it...

More Crucifer!

Humankind #5 "All Roads Lead to (New) Rome," pt. 5 of 5

ARROW: Monsters, robots, and babes on bikes!

(Written, penciled, and cover by) Tony Daniel (I) Kevin Conrad (Col) Richard and Tanya Horie

It's all been building up to this: Bruno is an unwilling "Trojan Horse," carrier of a virus from planet Thera that could wipe out the entire population of Earth! Alia Sparrow, head of Thera's Human Crimes Bureau, has the weight of two worlds on her back: Should she destroy Bruno and save all of humankind? Or find the genetic cure that can save him by invading the laboratory of the evil geneticist Crucifer?

Ugh. At least we can give thanks that Sierra never got their hands on the licence.

Why? If Sierra had picked it up, it would have vanished into the void when the company did.

Vaporware Constantine = Happy me.

From Rotten Tomatoes:

QUOTE:

"We had the opportunity to play a very small part of the new game and were quite impressed. The very, very early code on show (the game isn't scheduled for release until next year) played out like a warped version of Max Payne 2. Replacing the hardboiled thugs and gangsters for demons, zombies and possessed passers-by of Take 2's adventure was an obvious choice,, as in hindsight, the comics read like hardboiled novellas set in a world plagued with witchcraft and demonic catastrophe.

The controls were sharp and accurate and the worlds as detailed as their Max Payne2 counterparts, Constantine's Los Angeles is a dark, rain-soaked world of down and outs and crime bosses. The interiors showed a mixture of decaying buildings, complete with peeling wallpaper and glimmering offices of the police department and morgue - two scenes that begin almost antiseptic blue but get darker and bloodier the further you progress. Police officers and the dead become possessed and return to life to offer themselves as food for your duel action magnums. All good, slick violent fun.

Where Constantine begins to break the rules as far as this kind of third-person bloodfest is concerned is with the source material. Constantine is a character who committed suicide and was sent to hell, his punishment is to roam the earth fighting demons and solving supernatural crimes. In his corner he has a trusty set of firearms and a spell book. Incanting spells in the heat of battle will allow you to trigger a number of interesting effects from firing electrical bolts through crowds of enemies, to setting opponents on fire. Constantine can also access a Spirit mode to discover who is possessed - the demon becomes visible inside the persons body. In a fun twist, if you destroy the host body, the demon will spill out and seek a new one, often fighting with other demons for possession of a host."