JohnMcMahon

The Video Game

ugh. yes, i can see how killing yourself could get you this punishment :

"to roam the earth fighting demons and solving supernatural crimes."

constantine-20041013005036117-000.jpg

October 13, 2004 - John Constantine, a true Hellblazer, was originally designed as a blonde, British son of a bitch. The upcoming video game and movie Constantine changes a few things, turning JC into a dark-haired American. Don't worry though, every indication from the early build I played suggests that Constantine will still be one ornery SOB. Just the way we like him.

ummm.... right.

Controlling John Constantine is simple enough...

poor fool! you can't control John Constantine... :p

...and the button layout is actually quite good considering that you have to manage primary and secondary weapons and spells. The third-person perspective allows for a few nifty visual tricks to set a creepy mood (and Hell does seem sufficiently spooky), but this is more shooter than anything else, at least based off the demo, so the inherent problems of playing a third-person shooter come into play. Namely, aiming is a little less efficient and sometimes Constantine takes up too much of the screen.

i predict the movie will suffer from the same problem... ;)

If the camera system is flexible and intelligent and the levels have some variety in terms of design and gameplay, then Constantine could prove to be a solid action game. Though it likely won't have the voice of Keanu Reeves (that's a bad thing, right?), the game does maintain the overall feel of the Hellblazer comics. As a fan of the comic, I'm hoping developer Bits Studios can pull this one off.

Constantine ships for PS2 and Xbox in early 2005. We'll have more on the adventures of JC in the console realm in the near future.

so, the game maintains the overall feel of the comcis, eh? :evil:

I like to leather the undead as much as the next fruitcake, but THIS IS ALL WRONG.

I know that's what everyone else has said, but I wanted to gripe too.

What happened to the one Kejoxen was gonna set up? Have I missed summat, or did it all fall apart when he dissapeared off into reality?

well, they probably told the producers that John Constantine was a blon "british" punk... but NOT that kind of a punk!

Constantine is a character who committed suicide and was sent to hell, his punishment is to roam the earth fighting demons and solving supernatural crimes.

Right. Sure he is.

:)

poor Constantine screenwriters, they must be crushed to see their hard work defiled like that... ;)

I have decided to write a letter to the makers of this video game.

"Seeing that this game is obviously just the "Matrix" video game with different sound effects tacked on, I decided this is what I want to see:

I just want to say that I really like the video game "Metroid" (the original). I think they should just edit in John Constantine instead of Samus (maybe to save money, just brush in a trenchcoat over the space suit?!), and give Mother Brain, Ridley, and the other bad guys demon names, and just release that as the "Hellblazer" video game."

:D

I realized that no one open his/her mouth to speak about... :huh: ... that spell system. There aren't all the Hellblazer comics in my country but as far as I know, Constantine is not used to throw lighting bolts as if he come up from AD&D... And the ... humm... Simon Says Sistem? :blink:

Now I'll have to imagine John hitting mystical colour lights with funny sounds to wake a golem up.

-_- :mellow: :) :D :lol:

I realized that no one open his/her mouth to speak about...  :huh: ... that spell system. There aren't all the Hellblazer comics in my country but as far as I know, Constantine is not used to throw lighting bolts as if he come up from AD&D...

At this stage most of the Hellblazer reading folks around here are too jaded to bother picking on things like that, you're dead right though, John was never one to be tossing fireballs or even pulling rabits out of a hat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Demomic PaRappa The Rapper....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'd have to buy it if they really went through with that!

Yes, I've just realized John Constantine looks just like a younger, thinner, more dapper Emperor Palpatine from "Return of the Jedi" (w/hair)!

He means the comic version.

The movie version can do fuck-all that they want him to. We don't know nor care about movieConstantine.