Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Dwayne McDuffie has died

And he was one of the driving forces behind the Justice League cartoon

Static is set to come back in a monthly series in a few months, too

This is awful news. I didn't know him personally, but interacted with him a small handful of times online, and was always struck by his grace, his honesty, and his intelligence. I hadn't read enough of his comics, but the Milestone stuff I've read was excellent, and his work on the Justice League show is among my favourite superhero storytelling ever, easily the definitive version of that team of characters. A sad loss.

I was just reading his obit at Bleeding Cool while sitting at work, it hadn't really occurred to me that we worked for the same company (Turner) until just now, so I open outlook put in McDuffie and up pops his email address, phone number and office details, weird and I always find it a little sad that someones digital life outlives their physical one.

Of course now I realise I have access to the contact details of everyone at that works for Time Warner, anyone want to call Karen Berger just let me know.

That is a shock, he wasn't very old...

Bathy will be crushed.

I am. I really felt like I was going to throw up yesterday. I'm such a fan of this man's work and his work spoke a lot to me and this news hit me fuckin' hard.

http://gregae.blogspot.com/2011/02/rest-in-peace-dwayne-mcduffie.html

It'll be ok, Balty.

I remember how I felt when Robert Anton Wilson and especially Steve Gerber died.

At least there will always be their writing to immortalize them for us, even if far too little compared to what we'd like them to leave our world.