Rassmguy

Is this series being canceled?

I subscribe to Hellblazer since there aren't comic shops close to my house. Well, today I received a letter from DC indicating that Hellblazer will no longer be available as a subscriber title, starting in April, and that my remaining issues will be filled with Batman--a series I have no interest in reading. What the heck???

That sounds like a bad April Fool's Day joke...

Replaced by Batman?

Sort of out of left field...If you enjoy Hellblazer, here's a totally different comic at random!

I have no information for you.

Maybe they want people to pay more per issue?

There don't seem to be any Vertigo titles on the subs list on the DC website, so it could also be an editorial risk decision.

Hellblazer #280 is solicited for June of this year so it certainly hasn't been cancelled as of that point, hope you can find another means to acquiring your monthly fix Rassm.

Thanks, guys. I'm glad to see it's not likely being canceled, though annoyed that I now have to find another way to get the series. Grrrr.

And yeah... Batman? WTF? "If you like stories about sarcastic, self-hating magic users from Britain who fight demons and angels, are sometimes haunted by the spirits of loved ones whose deaths they caused, and who sometimes, depending on the author, possess demon blood, then this other series, about a guy who dresses up like a bat and gets all the Joker's press, would be perfect for you."

Although they say they will replace "cancelled" series, you would probably have a good case to ask them to send something else. Ask them for Xombi.