Rassmguy

Constantine in Brightest Day?

It sure sounds that way...looks like he's lighting up a smoke, too.

I've wanted JC to come back to the DCU but only to interact with some of the fringe type characters like The Spectre, Etrigan, Dead Man, Doom patrol, etc....but not Batman and/or Superman (even though it is totally feasible).

Brightest Day is quickly coming to a close.

It looks like he'll reprise his original role from Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, helping to guide the Elementals.

Lou, Deadman is one of the main characters in Brightest Day.

Nope, it's really not.

I really wouldn't bother with it at all unless you're really interested in the DC Elementals mythology, then I'd just start with this week's issue and finish it out.

I'm not sure how hard it'd be to catch up on where it's been...but I started reading the book, but quickly lost interest. The writing is not engaging, the plot seemed pointless for most of the series, and the book just dragged.

I only picked it up again with this week's issue because of the cover talking about the Elementals, and I was able to figure out what was going on with no trouble.

That cover's shit. Who's the silhouette guy behind Superman? If that's Constantine why does he look bald? What's with the weird shadow behind Batman?

Oh well. More fodder for the wiki.

That's what I thought. And I was not convinced by the description blurb that it was our boy.

Yeah. For a start, the mystery player was described as a "hero", and everyone these days seems to think Constantine is a villain.

The only good thing to come out the Brightest Day series is it's laying the foundation for the return of Aquaman to greatness (I hope), along with a new Aqualad, in a new series by Geoff Johns

Hey man, he's a hero to people who want to indiscriminately murder land owners.

:boogie:

That cover's shit. Who's the silhouette guy behind Superman? If that's Constantine why does he look bald? What's with the weird shadow behind Batman?

Why does he look bald? Because he's Spider Jerusalem now.

Yes and No. He was both resurrected and killed again in Brightest Day. (and resurrected again I think)

Why does he look bald? Because he's Spider Jerusalem now.

That was in Planetary, when Constantine turned into Jerusalem.

The only good thing to come out the Brightest Day series is it's laying the foundation for the return of Aquaman to greatness (I hope), along with a new Aqualad, in a new series by Geoff Johns

Nobody is being returned to greatness because of Brightest Day!

I think Aquaman's one true moment was the Peter David run. I don't think there'll ever be a great Aquaman moment again.

Lamest superhero ever. The industry types behind Entourage chose Aquaman when they needed a fictional superhero movie that no-one would actually make in real life.

Hahaha @ Jason T. It's funny because my namesake is really into superheroes and I was telling him how Aquaman is total crap and he agrees with me. Much to the dismay of his father who is trying to maybe be a bit more polite in trying to teach his young son that everyone is a hero and of equal importance and blah blah blah...which I then quickly undermine.

Having said that, if that really is JC in Brightest day, I will be pissed. Maybe it's the Alec Holland part of Swamp Thing? Were they not separated at one point?

What about Brave and the Bold Aquaman? He's basically Brian Blessed: Superhero. And he's awesome.

What about Brave and the Bold Aquaman? He's basically Brian Blessed: Superhero. And he's awesome.

Now that you've mentioned it, the Aquaman on BATB does remind me of Brian Blessed.

Sounds good, but I've never seen it.

Buy the DVD for Lou 2 and become the best uncle EVER.

Will do, for sure...I'll check to see if he has it first.

It's funny because there's some recent cartoon with Aqualad who has these liquid swords or whatever and he's totally bad ass, which confuses Lou 2 after all the conversations we've had about how crap Aquaman is. He had to go and ask his dad why Aqualad is so cool if Aquaman is such crap.