Rassmguy

Constantine in Brightest Day?

I don’t know where. I don’t know when. I don’t know how.

But I am reliably informed from a certain Brazilian in the know that John Constantine will be appearing as a major character in upcoming DC Universe titles, post Flashpoint.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/21/john-constantine-returns-to-the-dc-universe/

yeah...saw that in the Brightest Day thread and am not too thrilled about it, even though I've always been a 'supporter' of having John in the DCU, I just figured it would be with more fringe type characters (Etrigan, Spectre) and not the silly supes.

Flash mac.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/22/john-constantine-dcs-man-in-black/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Twitter

Jonathan Vankin has never forgiven us, has he?

Nice to see that fans of JC's bisexuality get to see him giving Superhomme a blowjob.

the-search.jpg

If I trusted Vankin - which, having read The Witching, I don't - I'd actually be quite pleased about this. They're never going to have Superman rock up in Hellblazer, so the regular comic isn't actually in danger*, and I really like the idea of Constantine doing his thing in Gotham City or wherever.

But, you know: Vankin.

*Um, you know, assuming they don't shoot it through the head in order to free up Constantine fully for a proper DCU role. But that doesn't seem very likely if they're reprinting all the HB trades from scratch.

Jonathan Vankin has never forgiven us, has he?

For what?

OK. I didn't even remember those criticisms of him being made.

So.

As discussed at the Hellblazer 25 year thing today:

Yes he does appear to be coming back to the DCU, but it's a younger John Constantine with no impact on the ongoing Vertigo series (or so "they" say)

or else Peter Milligan would not be interested in continuing.

I'm wondering if Milligan's run might be the end for Vertigo's Hellblazer?

We might actually see a rebooted John Constantine comic as a DCU book.

Confirmed by Milligan. John will return to the DCU. He also says that it will NOT clash against what goes on in "Hellblazer"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/24/peter-milligan-confirms-john-constantine-returning-to-dc-universe/

I'm still not sure what to think of all this. Although, I admit I won't mind seeing John giving his patented attitude to characters like Batman and Superman

If only we'd had some sort of mole at that panel to confirm the rumour before Bleeding Cool.

(Milligan also said he thought it'd be a younger version - probably in keeping with the doppler aging of DC & Marvel ages.

He had a story rejected that was quite dark on the subject of an abused character from Hellblazer continuity.

Oh and he's written a 38 page story for a Hellblazer "annual".