Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Dylan Dog?

Constanteen 2 is about right. It seems that every comic that i really really like and invest my time and energy into shall become a sub-par film joke (don't ask me about my Watchmen tattoo).

Dylan Dog the comic, on the other hand, is really something, and though the choice of episodes is baffling, i wholeheartedly recommend that Dark Horse Omnibus. Some day, some US publisher will try Dylan Dog again, and it will be a thing of beauty and a real treat for the Horror/Sophisticated Suspense fans. The Italians are basically monthly publishing the equivalent of a slim TPB, with gorgeous art and (for the most part) witty, thought-provoking (albeit a bit formulaic after 300+ episodes in various editions) and sometimes downright giddily absurd stories.

The film looks like they wanted to do Angel : The Movie. But I'll still be there, opening night, ready to get my heat broken once again.

Anyone looking for a "true" Dylan Dog movie should check out "Cemetery Man" or "Dellamorte, Dellamore" as it's known in these parts. It has Rupert Everett, the true face of Dylan Dog, script by Tiziano Sclavi and some really bizarre moments that are totally in the spirit of the comics. It'd be like Angel Heart had Sting instead of Rourke, and was written by Delano and Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBVNVhuJiU

Will anyone go see this in the theaters? I really would love some input, the Serbian premiere is almost two months away. I know it'll be crap, but still, haven't had a wound I didn't pick.

Will get the DVD from a street vendor at some point, but I wouldn't do something as drastic as seeing it in the theatres.

Will get the DVD from a street vendor at some point, but I wouldn't do something as drastic as seeing it in the theatres.

Same here (not that it'll hit theaters where I am). The reviews have been beyond awful.

Haven't seen any reviews (though I don't doubt its awfulness... It's been clear from the get-go), yet. Pity, I kinda hoped it could pull off a jokey vibe that would have sucked as an adaptation, but stood on its own as a time-killer.

Seeing you're here, Abhi - which was your fave DyD issue?

I have it on my computer, but I can't get myself to actually do it. Will probably wait for a quiet weekend, and then make a double feature with Dellamorte Dellamore. Haven;t heard a good word about it from anyone I know, though., 'cept that some of the horror scenes were competently directed.

Out of curiosity I downloaded it and watched it this weekend, and it really is Diet Constanteen. It has all the flaws of Constanteen, and none of the strengths. It's not even bad in an interesting way, just plain bad.