Shawn

DCU rebirth

Animal Man # 1,was just as good as you folks all seemed to imply it was going to be.The real surprise was Travel Foreman,his pencils remind me of the old Aeon Flux cartoon.Really good stuff.

Also,Batman was good,Stormwatch sucked,and Suicide Squad gets one more issue to improve or she's dropped.

Interesting news from DC. In this new universe there have been NO Crises.

No Crisis on Infinite Earths, No Identity Crisis (thank goodness), No Infinite Crisis, No Final Crisis.

Kind of mucks things up a bit, doesn't it?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/01/all-crisis-events-removed-from-dc-continuity/

I'm guessing they're still playing off the concept of the 52 Earths though, taking that as the starting point for the DC Universe.

The Earth that the current "New 52" books are playing out on is meant to be a mystery right now. Earth 1 is the JMS playground. Earth 2 is home to the JSA. So, maybe the current DCU is Earth 3?

Red Lanterns #1 by Peter Milligan-I decided to pick up the re-order on this. The story is average. It's basically just Milligan explaining the back-story of the Red Lanterns (which is fine for me since I don't follow the Green Lantern series), and Milligan did a good job by including anger cat on the first page, but the art is....wrong. The female Red Lantern spends the entire issue showing off her ass. The Red Lanterns are supposed to represent rage, and they all seem quite angry, but the female one seems to be representing something else. The book needs a new artist if he can't handle drawing a female without showing off her bottom. Otherwise, this is probably for the Lantern completists, but it's not bad.

OMAC #1-It was a small week, so I got this too. Put your finger over DiDio's name, because this comic isn't bad at all. It's pretty quirky and fun, and it's got a really shocking revamp for an old favourite character. The art is really nice, Kirby-inspired, and some of the writing is also pure Kirby. I think this would work better as a mini-series, honestly, but for right now, the book has me intrigued enough to come back for more.

I'm just wondering why the Cadmus operative looked like some sort of cult member.