Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

Blind Man's Fluff

Fringe Writer Hired To Reboot Daredevil Movie Franchise with Adaptation of Frank Miller & David Mazzucchelli’s Born Again

I'm worried that Fox will just rush this one through production, so that they'll keep the movie rights... And the choice of "Born again" as the first movie of the reboot seems totally cuckoo bananas. Still, that shouldn't stop us bitching an moaning. For me, the first Daredevil was in many ways a milestone in comics adaptations - I awaited it so eagerly, was disappointed, yet I still have a soft spot for the movie.

So, is there any sort of news for you guys that would make you care at least a little bit for this reboot? A director? An actor? If they switched it to a 3D animated feature?

I don't know if bananas are good in this case or not. But I don't think Born Again is a good choice for a first movie. I need to like the guy well for a full movie before I'd want to watch him hit rock bottom and climb up again.

It's been a while since I read it, but I don't recall any particularly glaring plot holes...refresh my memory?

I think Lou was merely saying what most of us are saying/thinking - that Born Again makes no sense as a first story of a reboot. Though I may be simply projecting.

Ah. That does seem likely, yes. Sorry, Lou, completely misread your post there!

No, Rogan's right. If they are rebooting the whole concept then starting with Born Again makes no sense. I could/should have typed that better but I sort of post quickly while at work. If they are not rebooting the whole concept then they may be able to pull it off but...

If they do it correctly,which is of course,highly unlikely,it could be an amazing movie.But I don't see it widening the audience.

Daredevil stories,even the good ones,tend to be about exactly how much torment you can rain down upon the man.Born Again is the epitome of this,starting out with that as a reboot is weird as hell.What'll they do if it merits a sequel,his origin?

However I hope I'm wrong,we have a few good Batman movies,and two cool X-men flicks,but a truly great Daredevil flick is something that should have happened by now.

I fear that his acrobatics would still look cheesy on a TV budget. I'd settle for a mix of animated action-scenes and live-acted drama scenes.

You know Rogan I too have a few soft spots for the film beside the seas of direness that surround them.

They really nailed the visual echo location and it works far better than it does in the comic.

With the addition of a few of the Directors Cut sequences you really do get Daredevil as the Joy Division of comics and someone convincingly struggling to be the good guy.

But sadly there's far more wrong than right.

Elektra should have been Monica Belluci, possibly Michael Chiglis as the Kingpin and anyone else for Urich.

I probably don't have a major problem with Affleck only because everyone else was far worse and I can't really think of another actor off of the top of my head.

He played it morose enough and worked okay alongside Foggy.

I would have thought they would have played the Hand more in a Daredevil setting for a sequel/reboot.

Although he gets bugger all lines Terrence Stamp was potentially spot on as Stick. Plus he's big comic book fan (More like Comic book movie fan).

He used to regularly where his "Wanted-The Film" satchel to London Wholefoods, and I never had the heart to tell him how poorly adapted I felt it was.

If they are intent on Born Again, perhaps as with the Norton Marvel Hulk, Fox are going for a simultaneous sequel/reboot.

It is FOX however and they still prefer the quick cheap hit-and-take-the-money-and-run approach (See Elektra and Wolverine and the AVP's), so unless it's a real name attached I'd rather it didn't happen.

However I hope I'm wrong,we have a few good Batman movies,and two cool X-men flicks,but a truly great Daredevil flick is something that should have happened by now.

Those were down to Big name Directors, with Ang Lee being the bemusing exception.

I prefer Daredevil (DC) to Norton's Hulk, but then again, I am a huge and unabashed fan of Ang Lee's film.

I prefer Daredevil (DC) to Norton's Hulk, but then again, I am a huge and unabashed fan of Ang Lee's film.

Personally Lee's Hulk was 50% genuine inspiration and 50% cringeworthy B-movie.

Don't get me started on the ill advised comic panelling.

I do however prefer the highs and lows of Lee's version to the consistent but flat Norton one.