A. Heathen

Hellblazer in underpants

Nice cover

HLB_Cv283_R1.jpg

But...

New storyline: “The Devil’s Trenchcoat.” When Gemma Masters punishes her uncle by auctioning off his trench coat, she ignites a horrific chain of events. Now Constantine must adjust to life without his smelly old coat, while its new owner’s life turns inside out.

Kill this beast now.

heh

It does sort of sound like a concept for some Disney Channel TV show...

On the other hand, the plot doesn't sound like it'll be too bad since it reminds me of Milligan craziness. Just the solicitation reads as off.

But, yeah, John lost his trenchcoat near the beginning of the series and got a new black one before buying another one. It's not as if it's some sacred garment passed down to him for a sacred order.

Love the cover, though the "hellblazin'" underoos are a bit obvious a gag.

The solicit is a bit sitcommy, and I hope there is a bit more gravitas to the whole thing, otherwise it kinda diminishes the whole point of Gemma's reintroduction : "Remember when my infernal doppelganger raped you, and you were so pissed at me you auctioned off my trenchcoat? Hah, good times."

I read that everyone in the DCU has to wear trousers now. This cover is doubtless intended to emphasise the adult edgy alternativeness of the Vertigo line.

love the cover ( I have a lot of problems with Milligan's run, but Bisley's cover and occasional interior artwork ain't it!) and the story sounds like it could work for me.

love the cover ( I have a lot of problems with Milligan's run, but Bisley's cover and occasional interior artwork ain't it!) ...

+1. Dig the texture in the white wall... I'd love to see the original piece.

EDIT: Along similar lines: the issue 258 cover thread.

Edited by JasonT

Yeah, I am not too sure about his scars, too pink looking, all too much the same shade.

. Where did a pom get brown skin on the belly and back from, can someone tell me?. Can't remember him spending much time sunbathing with his shirt off. My point being, his face is actually lighter than the small of his back. You never, ever see this on people of the Anglo-saxon races.

I lived next to Bondi Beach. I never saw a person out from the British Isles yet, that had a brown belly and back on arrival. Unless he was from the best Imperial stock, Kingston by way of Portsmouth, Mumbai by way of Manchester sort of thing.