Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Gene Colan

Very sad news. I loved his work on Dr. Strange, Daredevil and Batman. His scenes of DD swinging thru the city at night were things of beauty.

No one mentions Tomb of Dracula yet?

Also, his Iron Man was my favourite interpretation of that character.

He was one of my very favourite artists of the 1970s. I really link his art with a golden period of Marvel. Seeing his art always takes me back to a good place.

Night Force springs to mind as well.

Did you ever read the Curse of Dracula three issue mini he and Wolfman did at dark horse in the '90s?

No. I wasn't even aware of it.

I did read the Epic Dracula mini-series that the two did...but the less said about that one, the better. I try to forget it and pretend it didn't carry the "Tomb of Dracula" moniker.

It's very blatantly an attempt at another TOD without any of the stuff marvel owned. Surprisingly good, and loads better than the filler in the back of the third TOD Essential...

You definitely should. Wonderful series, with some of Colan's most beautiful art. The horror stuff really suited him.

You definitely should. Wonderful series, with some of Colan's most beautiful art. The horror stuff really suited him.

I fully support this message.