TheDevilYouKnow

songs that remind you of hellblazer

slinker    893

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4CbpktMHc

And another obvious Pogues reference.

There is a Damnation Army and a mucous membrane on youtube. Both are heavy metal bands.

Each chapter of City of Demons is named after a memorable 80s punk/new wave/metal track. I compiled them into a list and added some others to make a Hellblazer CD. Plus my friend Jef uploaded to me the disk image from Ade's WAY TOO AWESOME double CD which I listen to all the time, oh and the sequel which makes for 3 CDs of pure HELLBLAZER tunage greatness And there's the hard copies waiting for me aT HIS PLACE TOO WHENEVER i GET TO dALLAS AGAIN. (SORRY, KEEP HITTings capslock and I'm too wired to bother with fixing oit). . I reread Original SIns the other day while listening to Ade's project and it goes so well with the comic, that I can only suggest pouring yourself a pint, sitting on your porch outside and cranking the stereo up so the neighbors will also appreciate it.

And, Ade, we have a surprise coming to you soon. Unfortunately, jef's PC crashed this morning, which will delay the surprise, but I think you'll like it and/or appreciate it. More on that as technology allows.

• Upvote 1

Dyzigi    0

Anything by The Rezillos or the Dead Kennedys makes me think of HB, The Clash too. I'm sure The Rezillos are mentioned in one issue in fact.

He doesn't really remind me of HB as such but I find that a bit of Tom Waits makes for good reading music especially the album Bone Machine.

Can't find a good version of Murder In The Red Barn on youTube so heres another

slinker    893

He doesn't really remind me of HB as such but I find that a bit of Tom Waits makes for good reading music especially the album Bone Machine.

Can't find a good version of Murder In The Red Barn on youTube so heres another

a few tom waits songs remind me of hellblazer. good call.

slinker    893

That's an awesome idea. However, I'm babysitting a friend right now. Ironically, he's perfect at this sort of thing. But I reccommend Ade in my stead. To be honest, I barely listen to music right now and know of nothing new. But I would love to contribute once I have the time. It's a great ideea!

A. Heathen    1,162

You know, I (and the gang) would all very much look forward to the day when your trusty accomplice is able to do this project with you.

Please suggest it to him,

• Upvote 4

eir    7

what about passive by perfect circle?

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=fNnyfeFhdQA

or maybe angel by massive attack, the ambience of the song seems appropriate.kidney thieves and marilyn manson are excellent choices top fucking marks lads if anyone has a hellblazer playlist can they share it with me i'll buy you a pint hahaa

eir    7

damn looks like i owe you two pints now. thank you so much,

i think im a little obsessed with hellblazer to be honest but to each their own

• Upvote 2

Red    467

There are far worse things to be obsessed with. And it's not like any of us in here are in a position to judge...

• Upvote 2

seventhcircle    595

There are far worse things to be obsessed with. And it's not like any of us in here are in a position to judge...

except of cause if you have a judge dredd cosplay costume, then you are free to judge anyone (while wearing it).

• Upvote 1

slinker    893

or maybe angel by massive attack

that's a good song, regardless whether it fits or not.

• Upvote 1

RedWidow    3

Hmm, now from the top of my head...

Massive attack - "Paradise circus" -

Burial - "Wayfaring stranger" -

Kittie - "What I always wanted" -

Massive Attack - "Pray for rain" -

Witchcraft - "Chylde of fire" -

Dead can dance - "Host of Seraphim" -

Philip Glass "Koyaanisqatsi"

Deftones "Passenger"

A perfect circle - "Orestes"

• Upvote 3

On a strictly personal "emotional journey of feelings and such" type level, I've always thought "If I Ever Leave This World Alive" by Flogging Molly to be a dead-perfect song for John.

Lyric-wise, "Alias" by In Flames is pretty great with its chorus of "don't believe the mask, it adapts to any lie...don't tell me, tell my ghost, I blame him for all I don't want to know".