Sign in to follow this  
St. Apathy

Worst Panel ever?

That axe is halfway to turning her into an historically accurate D.I.Y Amazon. Plus, the only way for her to draw it in a hurry would cost fingers/mammeries or both.

I'm kind of down on that whole new cover look Marvel has been sporting lately. They don't look like comics, they look like self help tracts or annuities.

I like them better than the Jemas-Quesada mandate that every comic cover should be a random pin-up of the main character.

Try buying back-issues of any Marvel comic book from roughly 2000-2004. There's absolutely zero chance you'll be able to figure out which comics you already own.

"Now, do I need the issue with Spider Man beginning to swing on a web-line, or the issue with Spider Man dangling at an angle from the web-line?". "How about this FF issue with the group looking smug, do I have that one, or is it the one where they look slightly pleased with themselves that I own?".

The distinctive nature of comic covers from pre-1990s (unless they're painted! I love me some painted covers!) is absolutely gone.

You knew by looking at a Marvel comic cover in the 1970s exactly which issues you needed for your collection. Everyone stood out as an individual comic, not "generic Spider Man comic".

But does Red Hulk know that Cable has....a ....virus! It's techno-organic but still he should wear protection. Or maybe his Gamma radiation may help

I imagine the moment when he bellows "Hulk will smash!" would be a bit of a turnoff.

Or not... whatever works.

No, I think maybe

Rectum. ( "Wreaked him? Hulk SMASHED him!". )

( I am so very sorry, and guilty now. )

Oh, Deodato.

If one was so inclined, this page could be shopped and the dialogue altered to something a lot more peggy.

SecretAvengers-06-009.jpg

I've been re-reading issues of Iron Man from the 80s, around the time of 'Demon in a Bottle' and later, when Bob Layton was illustrating David Michelinie's f*ckawful scripts.

Entire issues could be uploaded to this thread.

Yet, people still rave about that being the best era in Iron Man's history.

It's especially inexcusable considering that the Denny O'Neil run followed immediately after Micheiline.

Honestly, while it's a major disappoinment being stuck between the highly entertaining stories that preceded it and the classic O'Neil run, I don't mind the original run that much, myself.

This coming from someone who is certainly not a fan of the writer. His run on Avengers was his true low point.

Yet, when he (yeah, I don't really know how to spell his name, ok?) returned to the book for a second run was when it was really upsetting. Those were some really awful Iron Man stories.

The Byrne run was ok, but the book in its original series really never recovered after O'Neil left.

Although, anything ranks much higher than the "teen Tony Stark" abomination that sadly ended the first series. Those were, quite simply, among the worst comic books ever published.

I knew that'd draw a response from you. biggrin.gif

I have a fair bit of fondness for the Michelinie/Layton era, and for Bob's naive untutored art; but honestly, those were some dreadful comics. Apart from many other flaws, both writer and artist seemed to be using no reference material whatsoever. It was as if Bob had never seen anything and Michelinie had never experienced anything.

As for 'Demon In A Bottle': Poo In A Comic.

Ah... don't get me started.

Oh. Um.

550608_10150948596839749_1427245316_n.jpg

Having raved about many of Biz's recent covers, I am sad to see him descend to the level of the internal contents.