JohnMcMahon

Swamp Thing

13 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10, please...

That's not a finger.

God damn thats amazing!

Gotta say im really really taking a liking to swamp thing.

Ok i also could do with a bit of info. Obviously im new to Swamp thing so i dont know too much about the comic, especially considering i cant find any decent sites relating. So i was wandering if people could give me some info about two characters that will be appearing in issue 27, Woodrue and the Floronic Man. Also can anyone give me some background on Anton Arcane, also any recent scans of him would be appreciated, as iv'e seen him in the films but not in the comic.

Issue 26 to anyone intrested,

Hot off The Losers, fan-favorite Jock illustrates a special stand-alone story. Over the years, Swamp Thing has been accountable for many casualties in the swamp. But when he's found responsible for one particular death, Swamp Thing himself might find his own actions unforgivable.

Woodrue is the Floronic Man. Like Holland is Swamp Thing and Wayne is Batman. Floronic Man is another Plant based villian from the DCU proper, that pretty much stepped in for Swamp Thing when he went all Vertigo. Other than that, i don't know much about him, other than i htink he was a New Guardian as well.

They retconned his appearances in "New Guardians" or something....said it was a different character. I forget. The plot contradicted stories they were doing in the "mature readers" comics, and at that point DC wanted to have a continuity-heavy universe.

Woodrue was a biologist whose experiments with plant-life turned him into a human/plant hybrid with the ability to control plants. He thinks of himself as the God of the Plants.

He has been an enemy of Swamp Thing and a confused little man throughout his history.

His last appearance was in that "Son of Vulcan" mini-series from last year, where he was fighting to liberate lettuce from an all-you-can-eat salad bar.

Anton Arcane is the uncle of Abby Arcane, the former wife of Swamp Thing and the mother of Tefe. He's a demented genius who hated Abby's father (he spent years torturing him and telling Abby he was already dead) and has carried that hatred of Abby's father to Abby and anyone involved with Abby.

He's died many times over the years, but keeps coming back. He's Swamp Thing's arch-enemy.

The second time he died, his soul was taken to Hell, but his evil allowed him to scheme his way into becoming a demon.

That's about all you need to know.

Cheers christian. I think iv'e seen an issue with him in hell hes just a crazy yellow head right?

Are you going to be able to do that Just 1 Page thing ?

If not, I am soliciting Football art from the sketch tables.

So i finally got around to reading last weeks Swamp Thing, and i have to say, i'm enjoying this book more and more every month. I think Dysart has finally gotten his legs under him with this book. Maybe it was just the 'deconstruction' of Swamp Thing, that i wasn't enjoying. But the Book is rocking and rolling along now.

Jock i really enjoyed your art, especially the part where Swampy finds and enternalizes the baby. It was aces. what kind of scripts are you given for something like that? is it very detailed or are you given free reign to wing it? What ever it was, it was great.

Just read 26 myself and loved it what a great story, but then i have loved all the issues v'e read so far. Looking forward for the next arc to begin. It seems to be getting better and better, maybe even mark might like this issue..

Picked up 26 on the strength of Jock's artwork and the story really wasn't as bad as I was expecting, although how much of that is me being won over by Jock's art, I'm not sure.

I'm not sufficiently intrigued to buy the next issue, though. And Those Cajun accents were awful.

Picked up 26 on the strength of Jock's artwork and the story really wasn't as bad as I was expecting, although how much of that is me being won over by Jock's art, I'm not sure.

I'm not sufficiently intrigued to buy the next issue, though. And Those Cajun accents were awful.

Well, cajun accents are awful. totally unintelligable.

Come on no one can really write cajun accents. I think when i get round to it i really should pick up some of this serise trades to get a bit more upto date.

I really love swamp thing now by the way.

Cajun accents may be awful (I actually don't think they sound that bad), but any accent will look stupid if you try to write it down phoenetically.

I like to hear cajun accents and in fact i dont mind reading them.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for Swamp Thing.

SWAMP THING #29

Written by Joshua Dysart

Art by Enrique Breccia

Cover by Eric Powell

Abby, Tefé and Swamp Thing are finally reunited, but with an escaped King Toad, a wild Woodrue and the town of Houma in flames, the series conclusion may prove more traumatic than tender for the Holland family.

On sale July 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS • Final issue

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/July06/solicitations.html

Ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for Swamp Thing.

SWAMP THING #29

Written by Joshua Dysart

Art by Enrique Breccia

Cover by Eric Powell

Abby, Tefé and Swamp Thing are finally reunited, but with an escaped King Toad, a wild Woodrue and the town of Houma in flames, the series conclusion may prove more traumatic than tender for the Holland family.

On sale July 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS • Final issue

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/July06/solicitations.html

BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD damn that has ruined my night. I really love swamp thing now though. FUCK YOU VERTIGO sell the rights to marvel and have bendis wright it, the whole fourth volume was only as long as one of his arcs. :biggrin:

to be fair to Vertigo, they've kept it alive much longer than anyone expected, or maybe it really deserved. The first 6 issues were cracking good, then it floundered for about 10 issues, and is only now finding it's legs again. It is ashame though.

Can anyone advise me in which trade I can find the story about some monkey thing?

That'll be issues #25, 26, 27 by Alan Moore if anyone doesn't know.

I have the individual issues, so I'm not sure which Trade they're in.

They're in the first Alan Moore Swamp Thing trade: Saga Of The Swamp Thing.