Qusoor

There WILL be Bollocks

And guess who's showing up in I, Vampire #4?

Looks like conjuring a fireball is going to be Johnny's defaule cover stance from now on. That encourages me as to the care with which the character will be handled.

:icon_rolleyes:

next thing you know he'll be wearing a wizard hat, or carrying a wand going " expelliarmus ! "

Yeah. But that THINGS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DO ANY MORE AT HOGWARTS has some pretty funny bits.

lmfao. this is great.

reminds me of this hellblazer / harry potter crossover fanfic i read where he's teaching defense against the dark arts and he comes in late all hungover and cursing , saying the quote " let me tell you the ultimate secret of magic. any [over-used word] can do it " and im thinking " would hogwarts be THAT dumb to let our good ol' johnny boy teach at hogwarts ?" i mean sure, mad eye moody ( or the imposter anyway ) was fairly extreme in goblet of fire, but john constantine ? hahaha

Just kill him off, please DC? Your version of Constantine is an amalgam of every horrible magician cliche ever touched on, and nothing like the character inhabiting 283 (and counting) issues since 1988. Fuck you and give us back our John!

Rather more pertinently, slinker, you didn't account for the fact that those "283 issues (and counting)" very explicitly indicate that they haven't taken "our" John away, so "giv(ing) him back" would be a bit tricky.

I submit that even the worsdt (yes, with a d) of the 283 Helbla under the vertigo banner is a pint and a shot better (at least! no d) than this DC imposter they have poncing along with fire breathing fingers.

I submit that even the worsdt (yes, with a d) of the 283 Helbla under the vertigo banner is a pint and a shot better (at least! no d) than this DC imposter they have poncing along with fire breathing fingers.

I don't think you'll find many who'll argue against that in here, Slinker. But I have a hard time seeing why a crappy version of JC in a different series should be an argument for DC shutting down the original series.

I think he's drunk again and we should just ignore this...(just a hunch)

It's hardly rational that a person who seems to be enjoying the Hellblazer comic book (283 issues worth) wants to see that character killed just to preserve him from showing up in lacklustre stories in the DCU.

I've been wondering where the John I knew and love (as opposed to a walking cliche) has been for roughly 8 years now. heh

I don't think we should judge J.C.'s role in the DCU as of yet though. We haven't seen Justice League: Dark #1 yet.

Yes, that cover scares the hell out of all of us, but it might not end up being so bad within the confines of context.

Search for Swamp Thing is behind us now. Let's all forget it forevermore.

I, Vampire on the other hand, you know it's going to rock.

Obviously, you just don't have to read those books. Just because a book features John doesn't mean you have to read it.

Oh, and the person who says he's going to be wearing a wizard hat obviously didn't study that cover very closely. Wizard hat, we wish! More like a leather motorcycle jacket or army fatigues.

How nice. No, I obviously misunderstood one of you or you misunderstood me--I want the DCU version gone and the Vertigo one to continue. I thought that was obvious, but obviously it wasn't.

How nice. No, I obviously misunderstood one of you or you misunderstood me--I want the DCU version gone and the Vertigo one to continue. I thought that was obvious, but obviously it wasn't.

That makes a lot more sense, yes.

Me, I don't mind if they keep publishing the DCU JC, as long as they continue the one we actually read. Having a series out there which I'm not reading really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the series I AM reading, after all.

Well, sure. They can co-exist. But if for budgetary reasons one has to go, I say DCU John gets the guillotine and Vertigo John gets a new writer.

'Our' John has tenure, which might actually be the only thing keeping him alive right now - still looking forward to seeing how the JLD version works out - long as he's still a sarky [over-used word] I can live with him tossing the odd fireball around!

Just reading the solit text care of the link provided in the OP -

"What is Madame Xanadu's plan? And why is she urging Shade the Changing Man to recruit a killer? One by one, our anti-hero misfits are drawn inexplicably to each other... While John Constantine aids Zatanna in escaping a town destroyed by magic, June Moon seeks help from Deadman. But in the end, will any of it be enough to escape the dark clutches of the insane and powerful Enchantress?"

Sounds alright.

I'm sorry if I spoke out of line.

You do have a tendency to return to an earlier post and explain that you were inebriated at the time of writing.

You must admit that your original post was confusing in intent, and led me to that conclusion. I really wasn't trying to attack you in any way.

It's a valid point, but it all depdends on what the sales of the DCU John are like. If Justice League:Dark fails miserably, it will be canceled and I'd expect Vertigo Hellblazer to remain.

As I said, I prefer co-existence, if possible.