slinker

Justice League Dark

Rate Justice League Dark  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How was it?

Red, I get away with reading/skimming it in the comic shop but I don't buy it. They should pay me $4 just to stand there and read that crap.

Agreed.

I do the same thing. If the Constantine issue doesn't have a cross-over banner on the book, I'll pick it up and page through it. Sometimes if it looks not so bad or really, really bad, I'll quickly read through it also.

It never ends up being not so bad if you take the time to read it though....looks deceive some of the time.

Also, the cross-over banner isn't always trustworthy. Constantine has missed putting up the banner a few times when it really is just a chapter in the on-going saga that is "The New 52".

My last issue buying the book was #4.

I believe there have only been three other issues that were not actually part of some cross-over event also (although, I think three other issues left off the official banner and lied to us all).

• Upvote 1

Christian! Right! Every fucking issue seems to be some fucking crossover bullshit, which if you don't read the companion issues, makes the stupid story make less sense. that's a rule I'm going to adhere to, now. any sort of crossover banner means "slinker don't read."

Umm, are you disliking the fact that I dislike Constantine?

Umm, are you disliking the fact that I dislike Constantine?

Classic misdirection.

For some unknown reason I'm actually still reading Constantine. It's ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT.

Nope. What gave you that idea? He doesn't really fit in the series.

EDIT:Oh, that movie poster thing-y! Whoops! Was that a serious question then, or a joke? If serious, the pic also shows Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and other JLA characters.

• Upvote 1

It was a serious question. None of those other heros are as prominently featured as Plas is.

So yeah, I bought the Beetlejuice one.

What I will say is that probably only JM De Matteis could weave the pointless Justice League of Darkness AND a Power of Love ending into a readable thing.

I don't like the art.

This comic is bubbling under the top 3 Constantine comics of the pre-convergence month.

If they opt to continue the tone of this Constantine rather than the one in Constantine, or even better, the RV (Gotham Nights) one I will go over to Hollywood and chain myself to their railings.

DeMatteis' final arc improved the book. He went back to his "New Age" bag of tricks, and wrote a nice cosmic story-line. The ending of the final issue was really bad. "The House of Mystery was made for you John." That's something we didn't need. They better be forgetting all about this House of Mystery stupidity when they relaunch Constantine. Actually, to be fair to the Constantine book, Fawkes avoided any references to the House of Mystery, so points for that.