Sign in to follow this  
slinker

Cancertown

Here are some bollocks? Now. was this accidental plagiarism, or a deja vu inspiration?

001dc4dd.jpeg

Sho nuff do look familiarity to my eyeballs.

Vince Morley is a man with big problems and a brain tumour like a baby’s fist, living with one foot in a monstrous alternate world he calls Cancertown. When the lost and dispossessed of London start tripping over the same cracks in reality he spends his life avoiding, Morley realises he must confront the residents of Cancertown – and risk finding his place among them.

On the one hand it sounds intriguing. On the other hand, it could be wearing its influences on its sleeve. (Badoom-tish.)

On the one hand it sounds intriguing. On the other hand, it could be wearing its influences on its sleeve. (Badoom-tish.)

:laugh:

Jason's 2 for 2 today. Why don't the plus-minus buttons in the bottom right of each post not work? I would have plussed Jason twice.

Because you'd only have minus points to give.

Are we saying that Cancertown might be somehow like Hellblazer?

It isn't.

Not to derail this topic, as I'll be looking forward to reading (Grandville) as well, while searching for further info on the book, I came across this non-Bryan Talbot BUT Bryan Talbot-approved graphic novel called <i>Cancertown</i>.

Has anyone heard of it?

Seems like it'd be of interest to Hellblazer fans, based on this one (though near run-on) sentence, <i>"Vince’s chosen role, that of maintaining the equilibrium between the "real" London and its parasitic, demonic mirror image and his ability to pass between the two, by grace of his illness, sharply differentiates his story from others in the wide-boy urban sorcerer genre, notably represented by Alan Moore’s John Constantine and Mike Carey’s Felix Castor prose novels.</i>

<a href="http://www.comicsvillage.com/column.aspx?ArticleID=616" target="_blank">http://www.comicsvillage.com/column.aspx?ArticleID=616</a>

Links to more information about <b>Grandville</b> on that site at the end of this article, by the way (and to stay on topic).

http://www.cancertown.co.uk/

Cancertown is an interesting premise but the art looks like someone took some photos and tried to copy Lee Bermejo.

I don't think we need Sean Murphy getting on our case to point out that a trenchcoat hardly constitutes plagiarism of Hellblazer.