Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

About the comics section

I reckon the single comics we read thread means it's easy to lose track of discussions about interesting comics (and shit ones that need lambasting too).

So, here's a suggested serving for discussing from now.

Some writers already have their own threads, Carey, Moore, Ellis, Ennis?

Some series have threads: The Unwritten, Walking Dead

Vertigo should have a thread, some books might earn their own thread, but I cannot think of one that does at the moment.

Maybe DCU & Marvel should have a thread each (or are there books that need their own? I dunno, I only read Daredevil)

Everything else in the "Other comics thread". If you think a comic deserves its own thread, start it.

As Matt isn't around much these days, someone else will have to say "why change?"

Yeah, you're right. Everybody's favorite books and authors would probably end up being shat on by someone. It's usually fun with movies, but not comics

I dunno. I kind of like the DC threads being separated into their various weeks, but then i live in Alabama where we like things segregated.

A lot of these threads are going to need to be pinned or they're going to be lost in the shuffle.

The Marvel thread is already pretty far down the page, and I'd expect it to be used once a week.

Plus, we'll end up with the same confusion about where to post our different messages if we can't find the appropriate threads.

It's easier to keep things organized if the threads are clearly seen on the first page of the section.

Do you think the DCU threads should be divided into Batman, Superman, Dark and other (Justice League /Green Lantern don't get much traffic do they?)

Likewise Marvel could be X-Men, crossoverofthemoment, other?

It's not so much the one offs that we all read and recommend as the ones where a story has been developing that I find hard to keep up with.

I dunno. I kind of like the DC threads being separated into their various weeks, but then i live in Alabama where we like things segregated.

:laugh:

You could use the "here is a list of the comics that I will buy / have bought this week" thread to comment on your purchases.

I think segregation by story is a better method though, even in Alabama people are not segregated by date of birth, shurely?

Do you think the DCU threads should be divided into Batman, Superman, Dark and other (Justice League /Green Lantern don't get much traffic do they?)

Likewise Marvel could be X-Men, crossoverofthemoment, other?

It's not so much the one offs that we all read and recommend as the ones where a story has been developing that I find hard to keep up with.

Not unless everyone else does. Maybe by publishers? All Image comics except for "A, B, and C" here" etc.

It's only Marvel and DCU that have massively complicated convoluted threads.

Let's give the DCU 52 a story arc's duration of 4 issues and then collapse the threads into one.