Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

Marvel comics

Brian Bendis truly can ruin anything. .

Nuff said, true believer!!

I thought about checking out Wood's X-Men (can't we call them X-women? X-Ladies? Team XX? not one). I skimmed a bit and wasn't grabbed. I saw that it's recommened by the manager of my LCS. I asked him for details on that. He didn't read it, he just likes the art work. :blink:

That Marvel Fanfare cover is awesome! And it sounds like there's potential there. Doctor Strange, in his various books, has always had some of the coolest covers.

Indestructible Hulk is improving enough I will likely keep buying it. This three part (could've been two but....Simonson!) Frost Giant story was really cool, lots of super-science, old school Thor, Hulk fighting Frost Giants and some nice character moments with Banner and his team. It seems like now Waid is starting to hit his stride on this book. Up next: Daredevil stops by!

Mighty Avengers returns...kind of.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45933

It's an Avengers book called "Mighty" with Superior Spider-Man, Luke Cage, The Blue Marvel, Ronin (someone new), Falcon, White TIger, Power Man (where's Iron Fist?!?!), Monica Rambeau as Spectrum (poor girl, can't settle on a name) and She-Hulk. In another interview they referred to She-Hulk being part of the FF in the past tense. I hope this doesn't mean that series will be ending soon or that she leaves. Don't mess with a good thing.

It's by Al Ewing!!!!!......who?? And "drawn" by Greg Land. At least he's off Iron Man. If there were better creators I'd buy it.

That book sounds like a bit of a mess. That's a really random team, and I could do will much less Superior Spider Man.

"What characters are we not using yet?" "These guys." "OK. We'll put them on a team, but we need a big name too." "Uhh...Wolverine or Spider Man?" "OK, we'll go with Spider Man." "Good idea. He's not over-exposed yet."

Which isn't to say that if it had one of my "must buy" writers on it, I wouldn't buy it, but I don't know the writer or like the artist.

Ewing is, I think, one of the newer writers from 2000 AD, one who hasn't broken into the US market yet.

I was reading something written by the owner of Mile High Comics (online comic superstore) in which he conjectures that Miracleman (nee Marvelman) will be being brought back in the pages of Guardian of the Galaxy, and perhaps will even feature in the GOTG movie.

I can't say I'm pleased if that is where Marvel has decided to go with Marvelman.

(I was hoping to see the final Neil Gaiman story. If Marvel does decide to make Marvelman a part of the Marvel Universe (along with the fact that they're solely reprinted the Mick Anglo stories), I doubt we're going to see the material that most people were hoping to see when Marvel announced they "bought the rights to Marvelman".)

Rocket Raccoon, Angela, and Marvelman on one team? That's just not right.

And, if you order over $50 in back-issue comics on the Mile High Comics web-site right now, they'll send you a free edition of the Eclipse Miracleman #1.

• Upvote 1

Thor! Damn, that was an ass-beating! Ever wondered what it'd be like if THREE Thors unleashed their full power and fury? Read this issue. Hammers rained down. Also, the interplay between the three Thors has been really entertaining, especially with All-Father Thor acting like a grumpy old dad to his young, impetious "sons"

Yes indeed that was a bad ass issue of Thor . My only problem is, what now? Prime the Godbomb!!!!

Hell yeah that was sweet as was the potential legends that will arise out of the battle.

And, the Godbomb was explained. It's not just some big bomb that will somehow wipe out all gods. It's something that our tiny mortal minds can't even comprehend. A weapon that has existed, in some form, maybe since the dawning of time.

Some other scenes stood out to me too, but I read that yesterday, so now those scenes seem to have faded.

Good issue, and I don't see the way out coming for how Gorr will lose.

And, the Godbomb was explained. It's not just some big bomb that will somehow wipe out all gods. It's something that our tiny mortal minds can't even comprehend. A weapon that has existed, in some form, maybe since the dawning of time.

lol. Now there is a definition of "explained" that I never heard before.

I have not been into my comic shop yet, been busy busy busy.

You'll have to read the issue. There's different possible solutions as to the origin of the weapon, all of which are based in ancient myths. The weapon, itself, is lost in the gulfs of myths.

The point is that it's not just a really big bomb.

Oh, that is too bad. The plots have all been interesting to me, so far.

I was hoping the Gaea plot was going to continue for a while, and this story-arc was just going to feature Beta Ray Bill, because those are two characters I'm interesting in reading about.

(Although I'm not sure how taking Gaea away from Earth is supposed to help her, as I'd expect she'd die on a lifeless world....)

I think JiM was just starting to get an audience, as I noticed quite a few people putting the book on their pull-list over the last two weeks at the local comic shop. I think the book lost a lot of readers when Kid Loki ended, and that readers were just starting to discover that the new direction was worth reading too.

Apparently, there are spoilers for Age of Ultron #10 online.

*crickets chirping*

*tumble weed tumbles slowly by*

How great is FF? I feel a little like a broken record. Thing ring do your thing.

Hawkeye 11 was perfect, 5/5. Who knew an entire issue from a dog's POV could be that good? Massive props to David Aja, who is approaching superstar status (to me anyway). It was a great one off gimmick issue that also managed to tell a good story and further the overall arc

Which issue of FF should a fella start with?

Think the 1st few issues are getting traded soon. There's a discussion about it a few paes back.

Aye, it might be seen as a gimmick, but Hawkeye #11 already one of my favourite comics of the year. Glad I jumped onto this title.

Like the wordless Batman & Robin #18 (another high point) the artwork really tells the story, but this does it in a far more innovative way. The diagrammatic sequences showing Lucky's tale are an absolute joy in their attention to detail, and tell the story in a way I've never seen before in a comic. For that reason, it outstrips Gleason's work on B&R #18, but admittedly doesn't have quite as big an emotional punch (which is hardly suprising, given the subject matter of each).

This method of getting all the little incidental details of the building's residents succeeds where a more conventional piece of artwork might fail. It enriches the story, and is easily understood by anyone who's ever put together an piece of Ikea furniture.

Top marks.

• Upvote 1

Which issue of FF should a fella start with?

The first issue probably. We are only up to #8 so you're not that far behind. I feel like 6 would be a good place to pick up if you don't want to go that far back. I think that's the She-Hulk on a date issue.

Edit: the SheHulk dating issue is #4, Issue #6 is the Yancy Street Gang giving Darla a hard time. Both would be good places to pick up.

• Upvote 1

Would Jason be able to tell what's going on with Darla just by picking up starting with #6?

And, if you're going to go back to #4, you might as well just wait and get the Trade to see the whole story from #1.