Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

Marvel comics

Why is everyone so against this? Clearly, you are all sexist, racist, jerks. :icon_wink:

Hee hee. I really like the character. The hard drinking, ass beating beast with a hammer. I don't want to see him replaced with any man woman or child.

Hey now, I've met some women that would fit that discription. They would strike fear into the hearts of most men.

And that is fine. They can be their own character. Why do they have to be Thor? Just reeks of "sales boost". And you know he will be back cause we have already seen him at the end of time and he is Old King Thor.

I think the link above had a good quote about making a female character of an already existing male character does not do much to give said character her own identity.

• Upvote 1

^cough, cough. Savage She Hulk.

They already had Thor Girl.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/messiahsjedi/Marvel%20Universe%20Toon%20Versions/ThorGirl.jpg

Maybe this is Thor Girl all grown up, she's now Thor Woman.

Isn't Sif sort of already a female version of Thor? Maybe not exactly, but an ass-kicking warrior female. The Sif book didn't do very well, and that was well done.

Of course Marvel will get an instant spike in sales due to speculators and every one who is curious by this change in a long running property, then sales will die off as people get sick of it, and old Thor will return.

Just like Superior Spider Man.

Just like whenever a comic company does this sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

On the subject of comic book companies doing things purely in an exploitative manner: Miracleman. I can see why "the original writer" has washed his hands of this one. I suppose now that it's into the Eclipse run proper, rather than the Warrior reprints, there's less padding from Mick Anglo's '50s work padding it out, but there's still very little story per issue.

I hope that the collections aren't stuffed full of this crap as well. If they do that, they can eke out out the strips over twice as many collections, though, so I'm really not hopeful.

Bleah. This series is one of the best arguments I've seen for downloading comics as torrents rather than buying them.

Not sure I am liking any of that. Where is Steve Rogers?

[ Spoiler : He will still be around, as a tactical advisor. His super-solider juices got drained, so he's normal and too old to be Cap. Fal-Cap will keep his wings, which makes sense. Also, Steve's adopted son from Dimension Z will be Nomad. Don't worry, this is all permanent.....until shortly before Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theatres. Sam replacing Steve would have more impact if Marvel didn't already do this just a few years ago. ]

Not a fan of Steve not being Cap. Didn't like it when Bucky did it. Don't like it now.

*is crabby*

Theory!

[ Spoiler : I can't help but wonder about the timing of these changes to Cap, Iron Man and Thor. Is it to help ramp up the movie in some way? Or is it possibly tied to all the Kirby vs Marvel litigation going on? Hmmmm.....

They are changed just enough. Now it all seems so less impactful. Why not keep Thor as a woman?

This does sort of smell like USAgent, War Machine and Beta-Ray Bill/Eric Masterson all over again. ]

Not a fan of Steve not being Cap. Didn't like it when Bucky did it. Don't like it now.

*is crabby*

I loved it! There was a great story logic to James picking up the shield. I thought Marvel had a great opprotunity with Bucky-Cap to start having some legacy characters, similar to DC. But....MOVIES happened.

There was great logic behind him picking up the shield. But Cap being the man out of time is something that I loved that was unique to the character. To have Bucky back lessens that impact a bit (for me anyways). It's like when Jason Aaron had the Hulk juice. If anyone can be Hulk then what's so special about Hulk?

And yeah, all of this will probably change again when Avengers 2 comes out. I just really don;t seethe point in any of this.

• Upvote 1

I am a bit interested on what they're doing with Deathlok. Basically the same character, just tweeked a bit to match Agents of SHIELD. And the book will be written by Nathan Edmonson with art by Mike Perkins (he did some Cap stuff, sort of like Steve Epting), so that gives me some hope.

And Marvel just isn't giving up on the whole Inhuman thing are they? After a very delayed and rough start they want to stick with it. Thus far, the best thing to come from the recent Inhumanity thingy is Ms. Marvel.

Is Deathlok still a pacifist? I always wanted a What If...Frank Castle was Deathlok.

The Deathlok series doesn't do much for me, because it's Deathlok in our time. I'd rather see the future Deathlok.

I think the premise of this Deathlok series, Lou, is that he's an assassin who doesn't realize he's an assassin. That the Deathlok programming takes over when a hit is called in, and he does the job, then reverts to his human brain, not remembering what happened to him.

The Inhumanity thing is just bizarre. It was supposed to be a big deal, but Fraction dropped off the project, and then it was delayed, and every so often some title would touch on it. But, it went from every book discussing Attilan crashing in New York and the release of the Terrigen Mists...to, every so often, some one mentioning the whole latent Inhumans thing.

I didn't understand the Captain America plot in the "Iron Nail" story. They didn't really explain exactly how that happened to Steve Rogers. It was like it just randomly happened.

Marvel has their own Crisis scheduled for next year. They might be planning to really screw around with the Marvel Universe for a while, before the Crisis comes along and hits the reset button.

The story that Hickman has been nursing for about three years now with his Avengers books will finally be resolved next Summer, as we see exactly what the hell Hickman has been talking about in his stories all this time.

So, probably all these changes will just be to set up the Marvel Crisis. I think it's called "Time Runs Out", rather than "Crisis", by the way. But, it is Marvel's own version of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it will hit the reboot button on the entire Marvel Universe, based on what I've read.

I just hope they learned something from DC's New 52, and this looks more like 1980s post-Crisis DC!

I think the premise of this Deathlok series, Lou, is that he's an assassin who doesn't realize he's an assassin.

Yeah that is what I read

Yeah. I'll read a book with Angela in it, if the creators are good...but, I don't care who the creators are, I don't want to read a book just about Angela. She was never interesting, not when she was in Spawn, and she's probably been less interesting at Marvel. They don't even seem to know what to do with her...."Let's make her the sister of Thor".

No interest in Angela (who I thought would just be Thor) either. No interest in female Thor either. But because it is Aaron I will likely buy it anyways cause I am a mark.

Bros, I love Hawyguy(s), bros. But having to wait sooooooooooooo damn long for issue #19 to come out takes so much momentum off the story. Don't get me wrong, this was still some quality storytelling by Fraction and especailly Aja, with Clint and Barney picking up pieces after having their asses handed to them by the Clown. Clint's hearing loss has returned, due to the thumping, and he must cope with it, learning ask for help. There's lots of cool sign language and silent panels, but it's all engaging. The ending sets the stage nicely for the series to wrap up. BUT I think there's another Kate issue or two before that. So more damn momentum is lost. That's been one gripe of this book, the delays and scheduling. Aside fromt that, it's perfect, bro.