Sign in to follow this  
JasonT

Marvel comics

I get the feeling the series is going to be left uncompleted.

What's going on with Fraction? Unless he's taking personal time, he must have problems with Marvel, because he's not doing any thing other than Hawkeye (which rarely ships), and he used to be one of their top creators.

You're guess is as good as mine. Fraction has ...,Sex Criminals, for a (near) monthly and that's it....right? At some point ODY-C is coming. As is more Casanova. No clue on when though.

But it could also be Aja. He's not the speediest artist.

Don't hold your breath. There's little to nothing metioned, other than he and Team Ba-Moon want to get back to it, they've had discussions. Taking it back to Image, with the reprints, is the first step. If I had to guess.....I'd say 4th quarter 2015. Maybe.

Just read the first issue of Spiderman 2099 (in which Spiderman is no longer in 2099): the whole issue is pretty much one joke stretched out around the infodumping for those who can't be arsed reading any other Spiderman comics to know what's going on, but it's a pretty good joke, so that isn't really an issue.

Marvel November solicitations

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54943

Note:

AXIS continues. Yet another big event that has too many cross-over minis and interferes with normal books.

Superior Iron Man kicks off. He's got a new shiny suit and he's a dick. Okay, more of a dick. And he's in San Francisco.

The All-New Captain Falcon starts. I'm liking this more and more. Also, he'll be in Capt. America and the Avengers, replacing Might Avengers, as a team of the people for the people by the people. Neat line up.

Spider-verse is going strong. And I feel meh. Oh and Ben Reilly is back. For some reason.

Spider-Woman gets a title. It's not by Kelly Sue Deconnick. Not sure what I think about Hopeless. Land is doing "art."

Logan gets "Funeral for a Friend/World without a Wolverine" on. So what?

For the Avengers...TIME! RUNS! OUT!! Soon. Teasing! Excitement! Things! Long form stories, building to.....things!!!

Seeing Alex Ross doing covers of the original Guardians of the Galaxy gives me all the happys.

The Fantastic Four are rebuilding. Again. For the 100th time. And they're back in blue. I really want to like this book. I can't. Maybe....

She-Hulk vs Daredevil in a court of law. I don't think that's been done before. Could be fun. Good on Charles Soule.

Howard the Duck Omnibus! Nuff said. I really need to check this stuff out.

And Capt. America is black. And Hobgoblin is motivational speaker (yes really I guess). And Tony Stark is a silvery anti-hero. And Wolverine is dead. And Red Skull is now Onslaught.

Man, unyielding, uptight fanboys are going have a tough 4th quarter this year. :laugh:

And Wolverine is dead.

I wonder how long that'll last?

About a day after Hugh Jackman inks a new deal with Fox. Or Marvel Studios get the rights to all the X-Men. Guess which is more likely to happen first.

Howard the Duck Omnibus! Nuff said.

And we were just talking about this (ok maybe like a month ago)! Two for two so far.

• Upvote 1

Well, there was a big, double-sized "final issue" of Wolverine out this week, that ended the 3 Months to Die story-arc...and guess what? Wolverine did not die! They charged fans $5.99 for an issue where nothing really happens, expecting to fool collector's in to thinking this was the issue where Wolverine dies. Except, there's that Death of Wolverine mini-series coming up (with special covers, no less!). You have to love comic companies and they're playing on the stupidity of comic fans.

• Upvote 1

You may love them, Christian, but I don't think they'll respect you in the morning...

:wink:

• Upvote 1

New Miracelman material is coming! (sort of, it's stuff that's never seen print). There will be an annual next year.

One story about Kid Miracelman by Morrison and Quesada!

The second story is a retro 50s story by Milligan and Allred.

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=55283

I will buy this!

• Upvote 1

I won't. I bought a few copies of the reprints that are just the Eclipse issues with even more padding, so I'm not giving them any more money for anything Miracleman-y.

Moon Knight #7 was a nice improvement from the first few Ellis issues. It didn't blow me away, but it's better than it was. Wood's scripte seems a bit more tight and the art is quite solid. But damn, Shalvey was rather awesome. Shame. I'll give this another shot, on an issue by issue basis.

On a lighter note: quite enjoying the Rocket Raccoon series, and Spiderman 2099 is fun.

At this point though, I'm waiting for the Abnett and Lanning Guardians 3000...

I'm still not in to Moon Knight. It reads a lot like a continuation of Ellis'. I'm done with the book.

The character is just one that no one seems able to get right after the Moench run.

It's funny that for a writer who is so maligned by so many fans (usually rightfully so), he has a definitive work on a character in his resume.

The fact that Moonie was his character in the first place has something to do with that, I'm sure.

(And it's two definitive works, btw: he's the only writer to do anything worth a shit with Shang Chi as well.)

Oh. Good points.

Shang-Chi wasn't his creation. Englehart and Starlin created Shang-Chi. There was nothing wrong with Engelhart's work on the character, but it only lasted for five issues.

It's amazing to think that Moench wrote Master of Kung Fu for, like, 100 issues, and the majority of it was quite good.

I guess you could argue he made Shang-Chi his own, since Engelhart did so little with the character.

He did also have a really good run on Batman with Kelley Jones on art though.

Marvel released a 75th Anniversary edition magazine today. Now, the comic store owner said that there was an edition selling for $9.99 or one you could get for absolutely free. Well, I went for the free edition. No idea if there was any difference between the two, or if Marvel expected to trick people....

Anyway, it's a pretty neat little book, especially for free.

They have a countdown of the top 75 Marvel comic books.

The Amazing Spider Man story "The Death of Gwen Stacy" came in first. So over-rated.

I'll reprint the top 10 for those who didn't get this:

2.)Civil War...Oh god, this should never have even made the list, nevermind at #2.

3.)Kraven's Last Hunt by J.M. DeMatteis-Nice!

4.)Daredevil:Born Again-I think this should probably be in 2nd place.

5.)X-Men:Dark Phoenix Saga

6.)X-Men:Days of Future Past-Can't argue with either. They're both classics.

7.)Infinity Gauntlet by Jim Starlin-This should never have been this high. It wasn't bad for an early-90s cross-over, but come on now.

8.)Marvels by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross-Not a bad series, I'm not surprised they ranked it so highly, but I wouldn't say it deserves a top 10 place.

9.)Amazing Fantasy #15-You can understand it being there. It's a very iconic story. Eh...I don't know.

10.)Captain America:The Winter Solider by Ed Brubaker-I haven't actually read this one.

#11 is Secret Wars, so I'm just going to stop now. It's getting bad.

I haven't looked at all 75 yet, but it looks like it's more about popularity than quality.

Starlin's Warlock did make the list at #24...right below Age of Apocalypse...ugh. I would have ranked Warlock as an easy top 10.

I'm guessing some of the best comics Marvel has published....Gerber on Howard the Duck and Man-Thing, Englehart on Cap and Dr. Strange, Nocenti on DD, Elektra:Assassin...didn't make the list.

Oh, there's Iron Man:Armor Wars on the list at #59...but not any Iron Man by Denny O'Neil.

Believe it or not, Ellis' NextWave made the list, at #74. I would have put something else by Ellis on the list instead...like Hellstorm or something from Excalibur, but I wouldn't expect to see NextWave on this list, at all. It's right below the first appearance of Deadpool (New Mutants #98), which is Liefield destroying the New Mutants comic, and just a horrible, horrible comic book.

Hawkeye #20 - Kate's story wraps up! But it wraps a bit too quick and neat for my liking. It's almost as if Fraction had to get it done faster than expected so he could have Kate back in NY for the big series finale. It was all done well; revealing Madame Masque's plan, the truth behind Harold, and a personal revelation for Kate that MUST be followed up. I could've used maybe one more issue of this. Or I'd be just fine with a series written by Fraction, starring Kate, in L.A. getting her Rockford on, drawn by Annie Wu. OH PLEASE!!!!

Now, I really hope the last two issues don't disappoint and the series goes out with awesomeness, bro.